Shortcut opens wrong Gmail account sometimes: frustrating.Support

Last Updated:

1. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have 2 gmail accounts on my Inc. My primary is my personal and secondary is for work. I have shortcuts on my home page to both. The primary works fine, but when I try to open the secondary AFTER opening the primary it opens the primary again and I have to go to menu>accounts> and switch it.

This is REALLY annoying. Has anyone run in to this? Any fixes? I can't be the only person using two gmail accounts.

I've tried using programs, shortcuts to inboxes, widgets and they all do the same thing.

Advertisement
  2. dibs ODDJOB

So I reinstalled the Gmail unread widgets and thought I had it working, but then I got new email in the primary account and when I opened the secondary it went straight to the primary again. Lame.

3. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

You can't create two different icons to access two different accounts. You have to manually switch each time you enter your gmail app. I just have my second account forwarded to my primary but have it labeled business in blue, that way it sticks out and I don't have to keep switching accounts.

4. dibs ODDJOB

Actually, you are supposed to be able to do it with a couple of different ways.

1. Use the Gmail Unread widget. When setting it up, you can choose which Gmail account you want to use. It will show unread for that account and open up that account when you press it.

2. Use a shortcut. When setting it up, you can choose the account, and the label. So you can choose 'Inbox' for one account or 'sent' from another.

I've set this up and it is currently working. Problem is, it has stopped working a couple of times and opened the wrong account.