• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help shortcut to lower text volume?

I think that is the "notification volume" it controls text and email alerts. It is tied to ringtone volume, and can only be separated out with a custom ROM/OS (I think there are a few that do this --- I haven't tried them though).

I use widgetsoid with a volume button on my homescreen to open a window of volume sliders. Hope that helps, sorry if I misunderstood what you are asking.

Upvote 0
I thought that the side volume rocker controlled both ringtone and notification volumes but it only controls ringer (as I was rudely awakened by the full volume of a text message early this morning when I thought I put everything on very low).

It does on mine....in fact, for me, I don't think there's a way to segregate the two...

In the settings menu I have one volume level for "music, video, games, and other media" another volume level for "Ringtone & notifications" and one volume level for "alarms"

Are you using an app for notifications that moves text messages into one of the other categories?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones