• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help shortcut to silent for dna?

Oliver8

Lurker
Jan 30, 2013
Just got my DNA. I'm looking for a faster way to go to silent mode. I put a settings short it on my home screen but I still have to go through 3 screens to turn off all sounds. Seems very inconvenient for one of the most used features. Am I missing something?

Just got my DNA. I'm looking for a faster way to go to silent mode. I put a settings short it on my home screen but I still have to go through 3 screens to turn off all sounds. Seems very inconvenient for one of the most used features. Am I missing something?

Actually, you are. The volume button works in lock screen mode. just turn the phone on and just use the volume button. You don't even have to unlock the screen

Upvote 0
As others have mentioned, you can adjust the volume from the lock screen without having to unlock it. To silence it (or place it on vibrate) even quicker, just hit the volume rocker once, and then tap the screen where you see the little speaker icon, to the left of the blue volume bar. Doing so allows you to cycle through the different profiles, and you dont even have to re-adjust your volume back to where it was once you're ready to come off silent or vibrate.

Reactions: Jace_ and today
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones