shortcut to silent for dna?Support

Last Updated:

1. Oliver8

Oliver8 New Member

Just got my DNA. I'm looking for a faster way to go to silent mode. I put a settings short it on my home screen but I still have to go through 3 screens to turn off all sounds. Seems very inconvenient for one of the most used features. Am I missing something?

Advertisement
  2. Damar1979

Damar1979 Well-Known Member

Actually, you are. The volume button works in lock screen mode. just turn the phone on and just use the volume button. You don't even have to unlock the screen
  3. Oliver8

Oliver8 New Member

Hmm, I did turn the volume down,but it says 'ringtone volume' whereas in the settings it says "ringtones and notifications," and the phone still seems to make noises for other alerts- rather than being truly silent.
  4. Damar1979

Damar1979 Well-Known Member

Same difference. Once its silent or on vibrate, its silent.
  5. atakin77

atakin77 Well-Known Member

Just add the sense (or any other) profile widget. Tapping it will toggle you through normal, vibrate, and silent modes from any screen you add the widget to.
  6. admile3

admile3 Well-Known Member

As others have mentioned, you can adjust the volume from the lock screen without having to unlock it. To silence it (or place it on vibrate) even quicker, just hit the volume rocker once, and then tap the screen where you see the little speaker icon, to the left of the blue volume bar. Doing so allows you to cycle through the different profiles, and you dont even have to re-adjust your volume back to where it was once you're ready to come off silent or vibrate.
    Jace_ and today like this.
  7. ShelW

ShelW Member

I've had an Android phone since the G1, and didn't know about this feature! (Not sure how long ago they implemented it, but it's a very useful feature)

Thanks!
    ncampbell21 likes this.