• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shortcut to the apps page

Thread moved to Android Applications for app-related discussion. :thumbup:

Let me make sure that I'm reading your question correctly: you're looking for a way to save a shortcut to the app drawer instead of to the homescreen? I'm not sure that's possible, at least not with the stock launcher. A third-party launcher (installed from the Play Store) may give you that option, but I don't remember encountering that capability in any of the (many) launchers I've played with in the past.

Maybe someone else can offer a suggestion. :)

Upvote 0
Not sure if I understand this correctly. However I am a bit confused as to why you would want a shortcut to an app in the app drawer when it's already in the app drawer? Or maybe you are thinking of something other than an actual app?

As for shortcuts, no, app drawer is the repository for installed apps, so shortcuts don't go there. If you want more space for shortcuts on your homescreen, make a folder.

Upvote 0
In nova prime launcher, create a folder in app drawer (nova settings / drawer /drawer groups /folder / +).

Long press the folder to put it on the desk top. Create a shortcut on desktop (to webpage, contact, etc). Drag the shortcut into folder on desktop. Your shortcut is now also in app drawer folder. It will remain there even if you remove the folder from the desktop. Integration of app drawer folders and desktop folders on nova is an little tricky, but can be handy.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones