• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Shortcuts in App Drawer

Martimus

One bite at a time...
Jul 9, 2010
'neath a cactus
My G-tab is running the newest TnT release (received via OTA), rooted with Z8Root, and running the enhancement pack. It's got two shortcuts in the App Drawer (shortcuts and not installed apps) for Facebook and YouTube.

I've gone through \system\app repeatedly with Root Explorer looking for them but can't find them (only seem to be APK files in this folder). Does anyone know where Android hides these shortcuts so I can delete or rename them? I find it annoying having a link to the real app and these shortcuts to the mobile web sites sitting side-by-side. Suggestions?

My G-tab is running the newest TnT release (received via OTA), rooted with Z8Root, and running the enhancement pack. It's got two shortcuts in the App Drawer (shortcuts and not installed apps) for Facebook and YouTube.

I've gone through \system\app repeatedly with Root Explorer looking for them but can't find them (only seem to be APK files in this folder). Does anyone know where Android hides these shortcuts so I can delete or rename them? I find it annoying having a link to the real app and these shortcuts to the mobile web sites sitting side-by-side. Suggestions?

So, when you click on those shortcuts does the browser launch and then takes you to the mobile website? I don't have stock Tnt loaded so I'm only assuming these are browser shortcuts or bookmarks. Maybe deleting the shortcut in the default browser will work.

Upvote 0
So, when you click on those shortcuts does the browser launch and then takes you to the mobile website? I don't have stock Tnt loaded so I'm only assuming these are browser shortcuts or bookmarks. Maybe deleting the shortcut in the default browser will work.

They definitely seem to be shortcuts as they bring up the default browser and the mobile version of the respective sites.

I thought I cleaned out all of the shortcuts in the stock browser before installing the goodness that is Dolphin HD. :D I'll go back and look again...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones