Shot video with evo but it recorded horizontal / sidewaysSupport

Last Updated:

1. february

february New Member This Topic's Starter

I shot a video a few days ago on my new Evo phone. I was holding the phone vertically. It never occurred to me that I was supposed to hold it horizontally.

What ended up happening is that when I put the memory card from my phone into the computer, it's showing the video sideways. I need to flip it 90 degrees before I send it out or post it anywhere.

I tried to send it to Windows Movie Maker but as it's a 3gp format, it won't take it. I tried searching through my Quicktime (not Quicktime pro) and there's nothing I can find to flip it 90 degrees.

After a lot of searching, I found a bunch of sites that tell me to convert the video to a format that Windows Movie Maker accepts and then flip it the 90 degrees in WMM.

I'm a little over my head at this point. I don't know how to convert this file and I don't want to download programs that won't work.

Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it? Thank you for ANY suggestions.

Advertisement
  2. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

I have never tried to flip a video, but I can guess at what you are up against. When you flip a photo 90 degrees, you are only taking those few thousand pixels and turning them. When you flip a video, you are having to take nearly that same number of pixels shot at about 15 to 20 times a second and rearranging them for several minutes. The amount of processing that will take seems rather daunting to me.

But perhaps I am being pessimistic and someone knows of software that will perform this function.

3. GaryColeman

GaryColeman Well-Known Member

tye it

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If the video isnt too big, you could upload it to a file share site, and I could fix it. I really dont know how to do it with free software.

5. Xinaco

Xinaco New Member

Hey I did the same thing once, and so I started recording horizontally and the same problem persist when I playback on my pc. Am I doing something worng? Is there a setting for this or something? BTW I have a vibrant, shouldn't be any different though right