1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Should I accept this update?

1. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

I've rooted. Just got my g4 yesterday. Now my stop down menu says "system update downloaded touch to install"

Should I do it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

If it's the 300MB+ update, that is the one I was telling you to install before you did anything with the phone, lol. If you ONLY installed root and have not modified any files or installed recovery, you can update. But after the update you will have to factory reset and then root again.
    hortstu likes this.
  3. hortstu

Ooo doesn't say how big it is. Needless to say I've gotten comfortable. Installed s bunch of apps, can I do a ti backup and poor everything back the way it is our that would undo the update too I guess. Ok. Thanks.
  4. hortstu

Apparently it is only 23.8 mb and it won't "restart and install" just hands up even though it claims it is about to reboot.
  5. hortstu

So I've been poking around and I "need" these updates. My version is the MDC one. Tell me they're worth it. The first one won't load so I'm thinking I need to do a factory reset then try it? If that doesn't work then unroot and try the updates? Thanks for any help.
  6. Darnell0216

Did you change your Recovery? If so, you'll have to change it back before updates can install.
    hortstu likes this.
  7. hortstu

Unless cf auto root makes changes to recovery then it should be normal.
  8. Darnell0216

Unroot and try to install it. As long as you didn't delete or disable any apps, I don't see why it's giving you trouble, unless MDC was really that touchy about SU.
    hortstu likes this.
  9. hortstu

Is there any reason I shouldn't say screw it skip the update install custom recovery and wait for the developers to include everything in their ROMs?
  10. Darnell0216

If you just want to go ahead and get a ROM, XDA has a library of them. If you're staying stock, MF9 is your best bet.
    hortstu likes this.