Should I be concerned about the reported reception problems?Support

Last Updated:

1. nole94

nole94 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone. My contract with AT&T will be up on the 18th and I have been soooo excited to kick them to the curb and get onto a network with decent coverage. I was really looking forward to purchasing an Incredible but I keep reading posts about the poor reception on the phone. For those of you who own the phone already, has this been an issue for you? Should this be a deal breaker for me? From everything I am hearing, the EVO will be out in a month or so, and yes I know Sprints coverage as a whole is not in the same league as Verizons, but where I live it is decent. Should I just wait for the EVO? Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

Advertisement
  2. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

The signal bar is not accurate but the signal strength is just fine. Even when I have 1 bar, call quality is perfect.

3. Emoney53

Emoney53 Well-Known Member

I'm typing from my incredible right now on 3g and I've had no problems. The only thing I noticed is the normal signal issues with cell phones I.e. being in a concrete buildings, and shopping malls. But when I'm outside I have full bars of 3g almost all of the time in my house I only get 2 bars of 3g, but who cares I have WiFi at the house and Verizons 2g is always on anywhere I am.

4. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Enough of these threads my god just read a few posts...theres like a million.

5. Emoney53

Emoney53 Well-Known Member

The troll is strong with this one

6. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but he's right. The signal strength issue has been and is being discussed ad nauseum in numerous threads. Do we really need tons of individual threads with people asking if they should be "concerned" about the "problem"?

Yes, the signal bar is inaccurate. No, the signal strength is not bad. Yes, with one bar you will still have good call quality. If you have a Verizon phone that gets reception in a particular place, the Incredible will be able to make and receive calls there as well.

7. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Good reception is going to be dependent on your area. Just get the phone, and if its not working for you, be sure to take it back in 29 days.

8. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

ya im a troll? because im sick of the same threads over and over... your not sick of these posts???
    Freeking stupid thing to say

Outatime likes this.
  9. nole94

nole94 Member This Topic's Starter

For those who have offered contstructive info....Thank you!! For the others, all I can say is if you don't like the subject of a thread - DON'T READ IT. I HAVE read as many threads as I could find on the matter and I am still am unclear as to if the problem is a hardware problem that will not be able to be fixed without sending the phone back for replacement or if it is a software problem that can be fixed with an update. (if there even is a real problem). I guess I will just wait a while longer and see if Verizon or HTC addresses the problem directly.

10. Ryobi

Ryobi Banned

Yes you should. If the bars are not correct, which seems to be the general opinion, that's one thing. But to be in a strong coverage area and show a low signal, to me is a sign of a problem. Viewing the signal under settings, network, I see very poor numbers. -95 to -105. Those numbers border on the ability to make or receive calls.

Even my Eris was better than that in pulling in a good signal. I'm getting a new Inc shipped to me, I'll try one more phone.