Should I buy a Samsung Galaxy S Tablet from Tmobile?

Last Updated:

1. vamp6x6x6x

vamp6x6x6x Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was talking to Tmobile and appeariently I have to buy it at full price and then spend $40 a month on a good data plan, so my question is this: is it worth it?...I mean I already have a Samsung Vibrant.

Advertisement
  2. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

Ask yourself this:

Do I want it or do I need it?

If you say yes to both questions, get it.
    If not, dont get it.

3. vamp6x6x6x

That was easy enough because the answer is yes to both I indeed want it and I indeed need it.

4. frenzy757

frenzy757 Well-Known Member

I got mine off Tmobile without a contract...worked out fine for me, no monthly data plan here. Tethering it to my phone via wifi.

5. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

I wanted it, but I didn't need it, but the former was good enough :D

Sprint, off-contract, $29.99/month for 2GB Data and Unlimited Messaging for me.

6. vamp6x6x6x

Yea, but I get my samsung vibrant with them so i think that's why they are making me get a data plan I would be happy without a data plan even don't much care about 4G.

7. jasonaward

jasonaward Member

I have the T-Mo version with data plan. I have to admit that I've been very impressed with their network. This is the first T-Mo device I've purchased (normally a Sprint fan)... but being that theirs is the only faster-than-3G Tab out there, I decided to give them a try. I'm happy I did.

8. frenzy757

frenzy757 Well-Known Member

just lie and say you dont have an account with them then. THe guy at my store didnt even ask me

9. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member

If you don't want a data plan, you should buy the Tablet from Amazon.com for $599. Amazon usually doesn't charge sales tax so you'll save a few dollars and you won't have any T-Mobile reps hassling you about buying it without a data plan. You can also buy a prepaid SIM card and buy data day-passes for $1.49 for 24 hours of data.

10. vamp6x6x6x

Believe me I would if I could but everyone litany knows me there because I go in their a lot to check out the latest phones and bug them about Froyo and whatnot.

11. vamp6x6x6x

That sounds like a pretty good idea so I don't have to pay for data I don't use...I may look into that ty and happy thanksgiving.

12. ewill48

ewill48 Member

I returned the verizon tab today and picked up a t-mobile version. After spending a week with the vrz version, the tmobile seems more responsive and all around faster. For me it came down to the internal 16Gb of memory vs the 2Gb on the verizon tab. I threw in my 32G micro sd card and have total 48Gb avail for media. Playing music from internal memory seems much smoother by avoiding the read rate of the card. Using sd card for movies and pictures. Love this Tab!

latinmaxima likes this.
  13. vamp6x6x6x

Cool, now I am mostly sure I am going to get Tmobiles tablet but I have one more question: What can you do all on it?

I mean besides play games, surf online, check email, etc. I mean since its not a phone u cant text right?

14. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

You can text just fine. My Sprint tab got an assigned phone number that allows me to text/mms. Your experience may vary, for Sprint's plan the unlimited messaging was included. Verizon makes you buy it separate - I am not sure what T-Mobile does.

15. ewill48

ewill48 Member

Text is unlimited on t-mobile as well. For features, i would research so you know exactly what you are getting. I have an Ipad, and was looking for a more flexible platform that's a bit more portable. Good luck!

16. katinsc

katinsc Active Member

How do you toggle between the internal and sd card, just put in for movies and pictures? Too new to understand,