1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Should I buy a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0?

1. Markus843

Markus843 Member

I am in market to buy a tablet at the moment, have a rain-check receipt to guarantee the 100$ discount, currently $150 if I wanted to buy it right now. Is there an update coming soon for a Samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0? Also, I want to get android 4.1 or 4.2, is it possible with the samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 with android 4.0 icecream sandwich?

Total noob at tablets, but if/when a later version of android comes out, is it free to download? Or do I have to get another tablet in order to get the update?

Advertisement
  2. lynnwilliam

lynnwilliam Well-Known Member

I would suggest galaxy 2 7.0. The tab 3 release date is no way near.
    Markus843 likes this.
  3. Markus843

Markus843 Member

Thanks for the reply, hope you're right. Do you know when the samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 came out?
    thanks
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

The Galaxy Tab 2 came out in August iirc. Not sure about when/if it will get 4.1/4.2, but Samsung have been ok with updates as of late.

However, I'd go for the Nexus 7 tbh, similarly specced, cheaper and you're guaranteed updates as soon as they're available. :)

Updates will also be free too (you never pay for OS updates on Android).
    Markus843 likes this.
  5. Markus843

Markus843 Member

Here in Canada in my local best buy and futureshop, the nexus 7 16gb is $300 :mad:. I'll still probably be going for the samsung galaxy tab simply because it is $150, and it does all I need to do. Also the SD card slot is a big thing for me, because I like to keep alot of files on my devices. And when you say updates will also be free, do you mean the updates will be free just for nexus? Or does this include all other tablets?
  6. El Presidente

Fair enough, if you can get the tab 2.0 for that price, go for it, it's still a great device. :)

And I meant all android devices, you'll never pay for an upgrade.
    Markus843 likes this.
  7. Markus843

Markus843 Member

Thanks for the reply, cleared things up for me
  8. El Presidente

Happy to help. :)
  9. lynnwilliam

lynnwilliam Well-Known Member

It released in August 2012.