Should I buy Defy Plus?General

Last Updated:

1. akapribot

akapribot New Member

Hi friends!

I am thinking to buy Motorola Defy Plus. Should I buy it?

I am satisfied by its specs but I've read on many places that it REBOOTs by itself.
    Is it true?

Also, please suggest any better phone in same price range, if any available.

2. Nick G

Nick G Well-Known Member

Defy plus isn't a bad phone. I don't think that it reboots itself that often, and that will most likely be fixed with a firmware update. However, something like the htc desire s or incredible s, along with samsung galaxy w or ace 2, and the lg optimus black will probably be better.
  3. Gundam168

Gundam168 Well-Known Member

I own a Defy Plus for 7 months now and I only experienced a reboot once. But if you're after the durability and water resistant aspect of the phone, I would have gotten the Sony Xperia Go if it was available 7 months ago.
  4. Gundam168

Gundam168 Well-Known Member

After 20 months of disappointment after disappointment, I'm finally retiring my Defy+. I don't even have any plans of selling it in order to save other people from disappointment.

Here are the issues I've experienced in the past 20 months:

1. Slow power up from OFF.
    2. Poor GPS performance.
    3. Poor camera performance.
    4. Constantly hanging and crashing.
    5. Damaged the screen (huge clump of dead pixels) for unknown reasons so I had to replace the screen.
    6. The rubber gasket for the USB port has lost it's seal so it is now virtually non-waterproof.