• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I buy the Droid X or wait?

jtobin09

Apr 14, 2010
I really unsure of what to do, my upgrade is on saturday but i just heard of a new phone Droid T2 that sounds amazing, android 2.5 1080p video recording dual core 1ghz and the new nivdia thing haha. Most of all its dropping before the end of 2010... i really dont no what to do but i cant stand my droid eris for much longer

Decide when you need a new phone and buy the best one for you available at the time. If you keep waiting for the next best thing just around the corner, you'll be rocking that Eris for the rest of your life. If you can handle waiting a few more months and see what comes of that Droid T2 (haven't heard of it myself). Otherwise, pick up the DX now if you like it.

Upvote 0
I really unsure of what to do, my upgrade is on saturday but i just heard of a new phone Droid T2 that sounds amazing, android 2.5 1080p video recording dual core 1ghz and the new nivdia thing haha. Most of all its dropping before the end of 2010... i really dont no what to do but i cant stand my droid eris for much longer

Where did you read that at? I thought the next version of Android was 3.0 and 3.1.

I must say though that T2 is a badass name for the Droid line.

Upvote 0
I really unsure of what to do, my upgrade is on saturday but i just heard of a new phone Droid T2 that sounds amazing, android 2.5 1080p video recording dual core 1ghz and the new nivdia thing haha. Most of all its dropping before the end of 2010...
I think that right now everything surrounding the T2 is purely conjecture and rumor. When blogs start qualifying their posts of a future device as rumors that seems to sort of make it more rumors about rumors.

And by the time the T2 might be released you'll probably be seeing rumors about the next phone that will make the T2 seem obsolete. You may also be running into rumors of LTE models. Being in a major market, I personally don't see it making much sense to wait too long to get a 3G phone when we'll hopefully then have even cooler LTE phones available before you could upgrade.

Upvote 0
So why wait Jtobin? the droid x is awesome.

exactly! also if you feel like you don't want to get stuck into a 2 year agreement then go for a 1 year. Its only $30 more for the phone. I switch from Sprint and went with a 1 year ended up pay 229.99 for the phone. I'm happy as hell and I'm sure I'll be happy until upgrade time :D But like the others were saying, if you keep waiting for the next big thing you'll be waiting forever. I found that out the hard way about 5 years ago...

Upvote 0
exactly! also if you feel like you don't want to get stuck into a 2 year agreement then go for a 1 year. Its only $30 more for the phone. I switch from Sprint and went with a 1 year ended up pay 229.99 for the phone. I'm happy as hell and I'm sure I'll be happy until upgrade time :D But like the others were saying, if you keep waiting for the next big thing you'll be waiting forever. I found that out the hard way about 5 years ago...

careful now.. It's $70 more to sign a 1 year agreement, and you can't use your NE2 discount of $30, $50 or $100 (depending on when you last upgraded and your plan) as its only when signing a new 2 year agreement. So unless you're a new customer, it's going to cost you anywhere from $100-170 more to do a 1 year plan.

Really though, there will ALWAYS be a device that is better coming out. The question is just when. Will things like the ability to play 1080p as opposed to 720p movies make that much of a difference in your useability?

Look at your old phone and I'd say if the X is a significant enough upgrade and there are NO other upgrades on the horizon (something with a release date in the next couple months).. get it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones