Should I buy the Droid X or wait?

Last Updated:

1. jtobin09

jtobin09 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really unsure of what to do, my upgrade is on saturday but i just heard of a new phone Droid T2 that sounds amazing, android 2.5 1080p video recording dual core 1ghz and the new nivdia thing haha. Most of all its dropping before the end of 2010... i really dont no what to do but i cant stand my droid eris for much longer

Advertisement
  2. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Decide when you need a new phone and buy the best one for you available at the time. If you keep waiting for the next best thing just around the corner, you'll be rocking that Eris for the rest of your life. If you can handle waiting a few more months and see what comes of that Droid T2 (haven't heard of it myself). Otherwise, pick up the DX now if you like it.

3. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Another option, buy a Droid 1 or Incredible off contract on eBay or Craigslist if you can get a good price.

Save your upgrade.

4. MikeAce00

MikeAce00 Well-Known Member

If you want a great phone right out of the box I imagine that's what you'll find if you order an X right now.

If you enjoy the pseudo beta testing of a launch day release then wait for launch day.

5. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Where did you read that at? I thought the next version of Android was 3.0 and 3.1.

I must say though that T2 is a badass name for the Droid line.

6. Bert336

Bert336 Well-Known Member

i doubt this T2 will be out before the end of the year...no leak pictures... not much hype... DX is where its at :)

7. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Anything so new, no one has heard of it isn't coming out by end of 2010, you know how long these development cycles take and the delays associated with them.

8. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

It's most likely the codename for it, The Droid X was the Shadow, the original Droid was the Sholes, etc. It will be called something else when it is released.

9. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

I think that right now everything surrounding the T2 is purely conjecture and rumor. When blogs start qualifying their posts of a future device as rumors that seems to sort of make it more rumors about rumors.

And by the time the T2 might be released you'll probably be seeing rumors about the next phone that will make the T2 seem obsolete. You may also be running into rumors of LTE models. Being in a major market, I personally don't see it making much sense to wait too long to get a 3G phone when we'll hopefully then have even cooler LTE phones available before you could upgrade.

10. aohus

aohus Well-Known Member

i wouldn't be surprised seeing the 'T2' getting delayed for some reason. NVIDIA is prone to missing cycles. Remember Fermi? damn...

11. jtobin09

jtobin09 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

12. baberz

baberz Well-Known Member

So why wait Jtobin? the droid x is awesome.

13. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

14. bldgengineer

bldgengineer Well-Known Member

exactly! also if you feel like you don't want to get stuck into a 2 year agreement then go for a 1 year. Its only $30 more for the phone. I switch from Sprint and went with a 1 year ended up pay 229.99 for the phone. I'm happy as hell and I'm sure I'll be happy until upgrade time :D But like the others were saying, if you keep waiting for the next big thing you'll be waiting forever. I found that out the hard way about 5 years ago...

15. snugglysnork

snugglysnork Member

careful now.. It's $70 more to sign a 1 year agreement, and you can't use your NE2 discount of $30, $50 or $100 (depending on when you last upgraded and your plan) as its only when signing a new 2 year agreement. So unless you're a new customer, it's going to cost you anywhere from $100-170 more to do a 1 year plan.

Really though, there will ALWAYS be a device that is better coming out. The question is just when. Will things like the ability to play 1080p as opposed to 720p movies make that much of a difference in your useability?

Look at your old phone and I'd say if the X is a significant enough upgrade and there are NO other upgrades on the horizon (something with a release date in the next couple months).. get it.