Should I Buy This?General

Last Updated:

1. 30stmfan

30stmfan Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, (1st post whoop whoop!) am looking at the X8 and am wondering if its worth getting? Thanks,
    30stmfan :)

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hello there and welcome to the Forum!

I am testing out an X8 for the Sony Ericsson Talk forum and I have been pretty impressed so far. I would have to ask what you want the phone for because then that would give members more of an idea when giving pro's and con's.

I use the phone quite happily for texting, few emails, facebook / twitter and even occasionally the odd phone call!

I also have an X10 and there isn't much that the X8 can't equal it on once I installed the same launcher and most of the apps also work on it as well.

The camera isn't quite as good, but daylight shots are pretty good. There is no zoom on it but again not a big deal. The audio quality (to my untrained ears) is pretty good and the screen and sound beat my X10 and hubby's iPhone when watching a YouTube video.

I will leave it there and let others chips in.

30stmfan likes this.
  3. 30stmfan

30stmfan Member This Topic's Starter

Sounds good for what I'll need: texting,facebook,an email or two and some apps, thanks.

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

The only negative I have heard some people mention is it crashing on certain games but I don't do games other than a quick play of the pre loaded ones so not really seen this issue personally.

I have 30 odd apps on there for various things and its doing just fine.

5. coman_nick

coman_nick Well-Known Member

You now say you only need texting, facebook and email but when you'll get this phone I'm shure you'll extend your requirements :). Otherwise just get a BlackBerry or any qwerty keyboard phone.

And from what I understand from facebook users (no, I'm not one of them) the facebook integration is not that good as to mention it to be a "facebook phone".

6. suhel28

suhel28 Well-Known Member

It's a good low budget phone and frankly speaking in the start you will hate it but the more you will use it the more you will love it... just come here and let out your problem here and. 80% me the time you will have a solution here.. BEST ME LUCK :)

7. Blitzkri3g

Blitzkri3g Well-Known Member

I disagree.Coming from a trusty 4 year old K810i (LOL) this budget X8 phone is great.
    But then again I m the kind of person that doesnt like spending €€€ on a mobile phone.
    Anyway,I think you ll like it!
    N.