should i buy...

1. hjpena1992

hjpena1992 Active Member

a nook color from the BnN website? i just dont want to buy a new one just to find out i cant root it, because it is a newer model.

thank u

Advertisement
    :
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

The current models can be rooted. See the sticky at the top of the All Things Root section, then click the link that says 'How To Root A Ver1.2'.
  3. gadgetmonster

gadgetmonster Well-Known Member

Buy mine, see the classified section.......
  4. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

I got mine as a factory refurbished model from 1saleaday.com's ebay page. They have it for $180. Its one of the newer models and after finding that out, I was able to get CM7 working on it just fine. You have to change the partitions to match the older models, but thats a simple task. After that the thing will root easily.
  5. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

6. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun.
  7. Winmon

Winmon New Member

If you haven't yet pulled the trigger, take a look at dailysteals .com(no affiliation), I got mine 2 weeks ago from them for $155 w/shipping, they have them again today for $134.99 +$5 shipping.
    Mine was factory refurbished with the new file system but like mhotovec said, it's easy to correct and only adds about 5 minutes (if that) to the process.
    I'm not to happy about the price drop but it could work in your favor.
    Good luck!
  8. willie62

willie62 Member

Just ordered mine tonight - Refurbished from B & N, with a case & an anti-glare screen protector.

Looked at different options, with the Kindle Fire and the Kobo Vox coming out. Also checked out the Archos 70, and almost went that direction.

The largest single factor for me is that with the Nook Color being an established model, there's a LOT more support and guidance available. And goodness knows I'll need it.

I don't know y'all from Adam, but I very much appreciate all the insight you've offered on this forum. Very helpful. Thanks!
  9. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Welcome! and we'll send you a bill.... :D
  10. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

Price is very important, but a BIG thing I look for when considering any android device is COMMUNITY SUPPORT!