• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Should I generate app development cost estimate through app estimator available online?

I am looking for an app developer to create an app on my idea. I search for a similar app on play stores and apple store but could not find any one. So i think its a unique idea and large number of users would be interested in using it.

When i searched on google i found few usefull tools that help me in generating an estimate for mobile app development with all features i wanted to incorporate.

Using three different app estimator tools I generated app development estimate by selecting several available features for iPhone and Android.

Using Estimatemyapp.com i found an easy to use layout however i was amazed to see high development cost with very limited available features.

Using Apprasoft app estimator I noticed wide array of available features which I could integrate in my app, the overall flow was very helpful and I got detailed cost breakup along with timeline giving me an idea how long development will take.

After using Apprasoft.com and Estimatemyapp.com I used howmuchtomakeanapp.com but I wasn't satisfied as it was not as much detailed as the other too.

I am still looking for app developers who could develop an app over my idea however afte using app estimators I got idea how much cost would it take.

Last edited:
I often find it amusing that people are surprised at the cost of software development, and think it should cost peanuts, or a lot less than they think.
It's very time consuming. Bear in mind that it's not just a matter of coding. A software development project has lots of different aspects - gathering requirements, design, software architecture, database design, UI design, test case construction. Consultation with the customer that requirements are met. This is all stuff to be done before you actually start writing a line of code. I mentioned testing there, and that is another major aspect of development. Unless you want bug ridden code which doesn't work, then the testing should as a rule of thumb take as much time as the application took to code (and then some!).
So bottom line is that all this takes time. And time is money. Plus you are paying for the wealth of expertise and knowledge that the developer has built up over years. There is a price on that too.

Upvote 0
Sorry about the above rant. Why don't you contact developers directly and get an idea of the cost? I think that's probably your best way. Besides, I would say rates vary, skill levels vary between devs, and of course it all depends on the exact requirements for your app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones