• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I get a Droid X?

So I am up for my free upgrade, and I've been looking at the android phones. I currently have a super basic phone, so I know very little about these phones. I was attracted to the Droid X because I like the large display, but also because of the google maps and gps function, seeing as how I get lost often. I have also been looking at some of the other android phones but I just wanted to hear some opinions on the Droid X from people who have/use them.
thanks

I had the Droid X, and then switched to the Incredible. I also used to have the first Moto Droid. So first, the world of Android is amazing!

I loved the Droid X, but after carrying it around for a little while, I realized it was a whole lotta phone to be carrying around. It just wasn't a good fit for me. I have no complaints about the device itself, just not for me. I now have the Droid Incredible and love it.

As for GPS navigation and google maps, you can get that from any of the Android phones offered by VZW now. :)

Good luck!

Reactions: MaryRackham
Upvote 0
Had the Incredible and loved it. I returned it for the X for three reasons, the first being poor battery life, and the second being fear of future support. I wasn't confident that there would be accessories and focus on phone due to the back order issues. I figured that HTC was probably working on the next best thing and I didn't want to get stuck with an out dated phone right out of the box. The third and biggest reason was the screen size. The Incredible has an amazing display, but the larger screen on X was more important to me.

Now that I have had the X for about as long as I had the Incredible, I can say that I am happy with my decision. The battery is lasting a lot longer and I don't feel the need to be near a charger all the time.

While there are not many cases for the X yet, they are being developed and Motorola offers a desktop dock, and screen protectors are easy to find. In all honesty I worried about the Incredible being supported more than I should have, but my last phone was an LG Dare which faded pretty quickly.

The screen size on the X is awesome, it is easier to read and type on, and viewing it outside is much better than the Incredible. People talk about the colors being great on the Inc but I really don't feel that the X lacks in this area, but maybe the Inc was just better.

Upvote 0
I had an original Droid and hated the keyboard. Replaced it with a Droid X. I like the big size and came off several years using Treo's so the size is fine. One look at the screen sold me. Very bright and big enough to be useful. I read books on it and see no need to move up to a Nook or Kindle. My wife likes it as well, but if you have small hands, check first. Droid 2 is coming out if you want a keyboard and soecs look good on that device as well.

Cole from New Hampshire

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones