• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I get a G2??

shinobi-wan

Lurker
Nov 29, 2010
Trying to make a decision. Should i upgrade today to a G2 for free with a new two year contract or should i wait a year since i have a G1 and Froyo's been successfully ported to it?

I think i can wait but am i passing up too good of a deal? I'm thinking i should wait for a phone a year from now with front facing camera and better processor before i commit to another phone for two years.

What do you guys think?

Well the G2 is considered a worthy upgade to many. But IMHO, its lacking some features (ffc as you mentioned) if your really content with your G1, you can stay. If you feel real compelled to upgrade I think the MyTouch 4G is Better choice if you don't need a keyboard. It has the ffc and the newest processor. It's screen size is slight bigger too if it matters.

Upvote 0
You may be able to stick with your old plan, not sure. But I'm just saying that in general it seems to be cheaper to go with the discounted plan where you buy your own phone outright. If you've got some sweet plan that's a carryover from way back when, it might be worthwhile keeping it and signing another contract to get the phone on discount. You'll have to check with T-Mobile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones