Should I get a G2??

Last Updated:

1. shinobi-wan

shinobi-wan New Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to make a decision. Should i upgrade today to a G2 for free with a new two year contract or should i wait a year since i have a G1 and Froyo's been successfully ported to it?

I think i can wait but am i passing up too good of a deal? I'm thinking i should wait for a phone a year from now with front facing camera and better processor before i commit to another phone for two years.

What do you guys think?

Advertisement
  2. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Well the G2 is considered a worthy upgade to many. But IMHO, its lacking some features (ffc as you mentioned) if your really content with your G1, you can stay. If you feel real compelled to upgrade I think the MyTouch 4G is Better choice if you don't need a keyboard. It has the ffc and the newest processor. It's screen size is slight bigger too if it matters.

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I think both the G2 and myTouch 4G are fugly. I'd go for the Vibrant. That's just me though.

And I'd buy the phone outright on eBay / Craigslist, and get the discounted non-contract price. It's been proven that's the cheaper route.

4. shinobi-wan

shinobi-wan New Member This Topic's Starter

oh wait. would i have to go with one of tmobile's new rate plans? I probably couldn't keep my old existing plan, right? That's where the catch is?

5. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

You may be able to stick with your old plan, not sure. But I'm just saying that in general it seems to be cheaper to go with the discounted plan where you buy your own phone outright. If you've got some sweet plan that's a carryover from way back when, it might be worthwhile keeping it and signing another contract to get the phone on discount. You'll have to check with T-Mobile.