• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I get a LG Volt and switch to Boost or stay on TMobile with ZTE ZMAx?

This is my dillema, I got Tmobile right now, 3 gigs of data a month for 60 bucks, got a ZTE Zmax yesterday for $200 cash. Now I see the LG Volt on sale for 80 bucks with 45 dollars a month for 5 gigs of data. I am nervous about making the switch, how shitty is sprint/boost? Which is a better phone? I am not too fond of the huge screen as I cannot use it as an everyday phone without planning my wardrobe ahead ha. Opinions?

Hi Everymanalion, I moved your thread to the Device/Carrier Comparisons forum :)

how shitty is sprint/boost?

Depends entirely on your location as reception in every area is different - you could ask other people in your city how their signal is. You could also post your city here in case someone nearby is reading this.

You can check which carriers have good service in your area - here are three sites that track carrier reception strength from users:

Unbiased Wireless Network Information. From people just like you - Sensorly
3G and 4G LTE Cell Coverage Map - OpenSignal
http://www.rootmetrics.com/check-coverage

Boost Mobile coverage map:
Cell Phone Service & Coverage Map - Boost Mobile Prepaid Coverage | Boost Mobile

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones