• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I get an android?

Hi everyone,

I just found these forums. I'm currently with Sprint (Blackberry Curve 8330). My contract is up in the not too distant future, and I'm drooling over the Motorola Droid and the Google Nexus One.

I don't have any particular loyalty to any US wireless carrier. I've been with Nextel/Sprint for 8 years, but that's mostly because I liked having direct connect, but with all the various text/IM options out there, direct connect isn't as necessary anymore.

Glancing around on the various carrier websites, it looks like getting a plan with Verizon that has the same features as the one I have now would cost me an extra $30-40/month. T-mobile looks to be more reasonable, probably only about $10/month more.

Any advice you could spare would be appreciated. Pros and Cons of the Droid vs the Nexus One, should I wait for the possibility of Nexus One coming to Sprint, is there another phone I should be considering, etc.

Thanks! :)

Nexus is great if you can deal with the T-Mobile service. Personally, I would wait for the CDMA Nexus to come out later this month (hopefully), and see if it is usable with the Sprint Network, as Sprint's network reliability and prices are hard to beat. If the Nexus doesn't come to Sprint, you could grab it on Verizon (which it has already been confirmed the CDMA version will be compatible with) or see if Android 2.1 is out on Sprint's HTC Hero by that point (which will be happening early 2nd quarter).

Those are a just a few options...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones