1. Androidforums is going down shortly (7:00pm Central) for a few minutes of maintenance. We apologize for any inconveniences - will not take long!

should i get htc legend or samsung galaxy ace?

Last Updated:

1. tan11

tan11 Active Member

hi everyone, i found these two phones at the same price and did some research about them. they both seem fairly equal in some aspects.the htc legend seems a bit old & has raving reviews but the samsung galaxy ace is new & with good reviews
    i like them both but would really like some sort of direction to which one to get. :confused::confused:

2. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

Asking in a Legend forum will probably give you some biased answers ;)

I would guess the Ace's build quality cannot match that of the Legend, especially as Samsung are pretty poor on the build quality front.

How much are they both?
  3. tan11

tan11 Active Member

alrite sorry about that, and i can get them both for the same price
  4. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

I'd pick HTC over Samsung any day. No doubt about that.

You can have my Legend for 180 if you want. Rooted already. Running Gingerbread. Never been network locked.
  5. tan11

tan11 Active Member

thanks for the advise mate, and the offer, but im getting a bargain for it only
  6. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

Err... you said 200 earlier.

I think the screen is just fine.

The only way you'll know is if you try it yourself, no amount of forum posts will convince you other wise...
  7. tan11

tan11 Active Member

oh what i wrote 200 i meant 150, yeah that true but i was aslo wonderin will there be a 2.3 android update for it?
  8. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

Nope, 2.3 wont arrive for the Legend. It will stay on 2.2 officially.

Rumours indicate, for some people, 2.2 was slower than 2.1.

So your best bet is it root it and apply CM7/Android 2.3.

Beware rooting the Legend isn't as easy as rooting other devices, its a hassle.
    tan11 likes this.
  9. tan11

tan11 Active Member

i was really hoping for 2.3, but i might just go for the samsung galaxy ace becuase its newer, bigger screen and will have more updates. the only bad thing is, it does not have flash player, i dunno if that a big problem??:confused:
  10. M0ffe

M0ffe Active Member

The Legend does not have the *adobe* flash player, but it has some lite version from HTC - it is working for most stuff, but every now and then it complains that you do not have flash...
    tan11 likes this.
  11. tan11

tan11 Active Member

made my choice after.....time, gonna go for the samsung galaxy ace!!:);)thanks for the help every1