i have only used 264mb out of the 2gb
    my bill ends on the 19th as well
    if i control myself n check my data daily should i get the 200mb
    i will save 10 bucks from that.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. naxir

naxir Well-Known Member

personally I'll keep unlimited for as long as I can simply because that way I can use my phone for what ever I want when ever I want without worry. the ability to do that is worth $30 a month to me.

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Stay unlimited

4. ATTme

ATTme Member

you will get messages as the month goes to let you know what your usage is.... All the way up to 90%. The problem with the 200mb plan is if you exceed it you will get another 200mb for $15. soooo... $30 for 400mb or $25 for 2gigs. Stay on the 2GB plan for another month or two and see what you can get your usage down to. If you can stay under 200mb then switch.

5. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what I've told everyone that asks the question. Go with the 2gb plan now. Use it for 3 months or so. Take a look at your average usage. If you can get away with the 200mb go for it. If not..... Personally I won't drop unlimited to save $5 and can't go with 200mb anyway.

6. JuneNYC

JuneNYC Well-Known Member

****ing att have a way of creeping data so you'd go over. They counted data that I used from the previous billing cycle thinking I wouldn't notice. But after wasting 30 minutes of my time arguing with customer service, I got it subtracted. But that's aggravation I did not need.

7. CoMaToast

CoMaToast Well-Known Member

I would stay with the 2 GB OP.. I had the unlimited on my 3GS, and NEVER went above 140 MB, ( Im on wifi alot ) But now withthe captivate I still have 9 days left in my billing cycle and Im @ 90% usage ( 188 MB ) So I think its gonna be worth it for me, ( and you ) to just keep the 2 GB plan and NEVER have to worry about going over, apps running in the background using data etc etc.. Im sure if you go about if freely you will hit 400 MB without any problem.. Might as well be safe over sorry and just pay the $25 for the 2 GB

8. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

I've only used around 270mb of my data this month (2GB), and I was using wifi for a lot of it. Soooo, your mileage may vary, but I say stay with the 2gb for at least another month to see how your usage is

9. acandia007

acandia007 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks people!
    yeah ill go with having it for atleast three months and see how it goes..
    I am going to start school soon, ill probably will go over 200mb, but we'll see

10. Jiggles

Jiggles Member

I got my phone July 18th and wifi is a godsend. Everywhere I go like school, work, and home all have wifi. I've only used 17.8mb.

and I was on my phone quite a bit when i first got it

11. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

stay with unlimited or go with 2gb.

12. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

Useful app for keeping track of your data (and heck, your call usage too) - AT&T myWireless Mobile.