• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should i get the1750 Seidio battery?

danmil05

Jan 23, 2010
NJ
I want you guys' opinion to those who have it. I want a battery with more power because I use the phone mainly for web browser and I don't want want to be checking the battery every hour or changing the settings. Even changing some the settings don't give me a full day of use for me that starts at 7 and ends around 7. I haven't seen many reviews for the battery except from here. I read here that someone read that there's a gap between the volume rocker.

i got it a few weeks ago. i got into the habit of leaving 3g on all the time a while ago and i'd usually be out of battery by the end of the day, with some pretty moderate use. now with the 1750mah, i'm finding it pretty hard to run the battery out by the end of the day.

i consider it to be a pretty damn good investment, and it fits perfectly into the phone.

Upvote 0
I've had the 1750 for a few days now, and even though I haven't had enough time to see the battery reach more of its full potential -the stock 1300 did start to behave better after a few weeks of use- I can definitely notice a fair difference in the batteries so far. I am anxious to see how it performs after a bit of use and conditioning.

So far, I'd say its well worth the $$. And, yes, it does fit in the phone perfectly, and the back door closes with no issues.

Upvote 0
Another question. Conditioning the battery. I know that's fully charging the battery and letting it run out of power but what does that do and how often should I do it. The sticky topic said that inproves the battery and asked about it here but someone said that it doesn't improve battery proformance.

Upvote 0
Ok, I think that I am the one who first posted the thing about the gap at the volume buttons(link). That was back three weeks ago, when I first got the battery, which was part of first shipment, and I think that I had just not placed the back on correctly. When I looked again, it was fitting perfectly fine. It still does. I posted photos over at Android Central; you can take a look for yourself(link).

Bottom-line: at this point, I wish that I had never mentioned the gap thing. There is no gap. Repeat, there is no gap. Maybe if I repeat it enough, we can all stop reading about rumors that there is a gap. There is no gap.

Upvote 0
"Conditioning" the battery by juicing it down to 0% and then charging back up to 100% seems to be the conventional wisdom on this forum. Some even recommend doing this for the first 3 days of battery life.

However, from a technical stand point, there is no need to do this. The old nickel-cadmium batteries did indeed have a "memory". With these types of batteries, it was better for long time performance for you to do the "conditioning", as described above.

Lithium-Ion batteries, however, DO NOT share this characteristic. You SHOULD -at least technically speaking- not have to "condition" your phone with the above technique.

Now, having said that, I still find myself "conditioning" the battery for the first few days. I've researched enough about battery technology, that I know better, but I'm a creature of habit, I guess. Do some research outside of this forum into lithium-ion batteries, and make your own decision.

Now, I keep putting "conditioning" in "", because that is not really how I meant it in my original post. What I meant by conditioning, was just basically using the phone (phone/3G/wifi/GPS/etc.) repeatedly over a period of time. As I said, my stock battery seemed to improve much over the first few weeks of use. I can only assume that the 1750 will increase in time as well.

However, I have heard that digital battery life displays (like the battery widget I have from the market) can have some sort of "memory" effect. If your not routinely showing the software what your battery max's and min's are, it can configure its 0% and 100% to what you show them to be, and thus, become inaccurate over time. Juicing your phone to dead and charging to 100%, maybe once a month, should result in keeping those apps more accurate. I don't personally know if this is true, but I've heard it enough to think it's worth mentioning.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones