Should i get the1750 Seidio battery?General

Last Updated:

1. danmil05

danmil05 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I want you guys' opinion to those who have it. I want a battery with more power because I use the phone mainly for web browser and I don't want want to be checking the battery every hour or changing the settings. Even changing some the settings don't give me a full day of use for me that starts at 7 and ends around 7. I haven't seen many reviews for the battery except from here. I read here that someone read that there's a gap between the volume rocker.

Advertisement
  2. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

3. alexislost

alexislost Active Member

i got it a few weeks ago. i got into the habit of leaving 3g on all the time a while ago and i'd usually be out of battery by the end of the day, with some pretty moderate use. now with the 1750mah, i'm finding it pretty hard to run the battery out by the end of the day.

i consider it to be a pretty damn good investment, and it fits perfectly into the phone.

4. danmil05

I have been reading that thread. That's where i think I read that some didn't fit perfectly yesterday but now I just read that it seams they fixed that or no one reported it anymore. I guess ill try it.

5. theacousticprophet

theacousticprophet Well-Known Member

I've had the 1750 for a few days now, and even though I haven't had enough time to see the battery reach more of its full potential -the stock 1300 did start to behave better after a few weeks of use- I can definitely notice a fair difference in the batteries so far. I am anxious to see how it performs after a bit of use and conditioning.

So far, I'd say its well worth the $$. And, yes, it does fit in the phone perfectly, and the back door closes with no issues.

6. danmil05

Another question. Conditioning the battery. I know that's fully charging the battery and letting it run out of power but what does that do and how often should I do it. The sticky topic said that inproves the battery and asked about it here but someone said that it doesn't improve battery proformance.

7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Ok, I think that I am the one who first posted the thing about the gap at the volume buttons(link). That was back three weeks ago, when I first got the battery, which was part of first shipment, and I think that I had just not placed the back on correctly. When I looked again, it was fitting perfectly fine. It still does. I posted photos over at Android Central; you can take a look for yourself(link).

Bottom-line: at this point, I wish that I had never mentioned the gap thing. There is no gap. Repeat, there is no gap. Maybe if I repeat it enough, we can all stop reading about rumors that there is a gap. There is no gap.

8. theacousticprophet

theacousticprophet Well-Known Member

"Conditioning" the battery by juicing it down to 0% and then charging back up to 100% seems to be the conventional wisdom on this forum. Some even recommend doing this for the first 3 days of battery life.

However, from a technical stand point, there is no need to do this. The old nickel-cadmium batteries did indeed have a "memory". With these types of batteries, it was better for long time performance for you to do the "conditioning", as described above.

Lithium-Ion batteries, however, DO NOT share this characteristic. You SHOULD -at least technically speaking- not have to "condition" your phone with the above technique.

Now, having said that, I still find myself "conditioning" the battery for the first few days. I've researched enough about battery technology, that I know better, but I'm a creature of habit, I guess. Do some research outside of this forum into lithium-ion batteries, and make your own decision.

Now, I keep putting "conditioning" in "", because that is not really how I meant it in my original post. What I meant by conditioning, was just basically using the phone (phone/3G/wifi/GPS/etc.) repeatedly over a period of time. As I said, my stock battery seemed to improve much over the first few weeks of use. I can only assume that the 1750 will increase in time as well.

However, I have heard that digital battery life displays (like the battery widget I have from the market) can have some sort of "memory" effect. If your not routinely showing the software what your battery max's and min's are, it can configure its 0% and 100% to what you show them to be, and thus, become inaccurate over time. Juicing your phone to dead and charging to 100%, maybe once a month, should result in keeping those apps more accurate. I don't personally know if this is true, but I've heard it enough to think it's worth mentioning.

Hope this helps.

9. Ryobi

Ryobi Banned

Should i get the1750 Seidio battery?

Here. I'll make it easy for you........

Yes.

10. danmil05

thank you Ryobi, all i really wanted was a simple one word answer. Why can't the rest of you guys be like him. Since you gave the ok, i'll go buy it right away.

11. charklos

charklos Well-Known Member

lol that was easy. PS I have the 1750 and love it. Worth the $$ IMHO. It has also increased my stamina in bed. Love it. ;)

12. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member

get the big poppa,the 3500. I bought it a week ago and love it. the hump makes using landscape mode better,imo. I can text /web at work all day usually unplugged from 5am to 930pm if not later)well worth the money considering I got the phone free.

13. danmil05

Thanks for all your help. I brought the 1750 Seidio battery yesterday because the 3500 one was too bulky. Hopes it come next week.

14. karib

karib Well-Known Member

I will be getting the 1750mh battery and then my next investment will be the upgraded 16gb class 6 micro sd card. This phone is turning out to be quite expesive afterall!

15. bad05gtt

bad05gtt Well-Known Member

Karib...i agree,for a free phone im spending some money my self...its well worth it!!!!! im upgrading to the 16gb card next myself...and to anyone whose hasnt bought the 1750 just buy it...its well worth the investment !!!!!

16. SlickRick

SlickRick Well-Known Member

The 1750mh battery and charger have been ordered and this cheap phone is getting expensive!
    SlickRick

17. spag_187

spag_187 New Member

Good Lord, Karib is smoking....!!

But agreed! The 16GB and 1750mAh battery is a great investment for the Eris...