• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I get?

BiGMERF

Extreme Android User
Dec 2, 2009
Florida
www.google.com
I currently have a Nexus S and I am very happy with it, but I am off contract. Since the evil empire will be taking over soon (ATT), I am thinking that getting this phone with a contract will be a good move with the hopes that I get grandfathered when they take over. I see it has Vanilla android which is a big plus for me but I would like to know if it will have onboard free hotspot like my Nexus S.. Anybody know? I cant find anything via a web search

From the specs page it has 1900/850 MHz UMTS in addition to 1700, so it will get full HSPA+ on both T-Mobile and AT&T. The tethering was the big thing I was thinking about too. However, I am frustrated with the hardware accelerated video codecs and better camera software included in TouchWiz that the Nexus S lacks, so I have some minor trepidation for the same thing happening here with the internationl 2x vs the stock G2x.

Upvote 0
I currently have a Nexus S and I am very happy with it, but I am off contract. Since the evil empire will be taking over soon (ATT), I am thinking that getting this phone with a contract will be a good move with the hopes that I get grandfathered when they take over. I see it has Vanilla android which is a big plus for me but I would like to know if it will have onboard free hotspot like my Nexus S.. Anybody know? I cant find anything via a web search

im wondering the same thing. The mytouch 4G i used would let me use the wifi hotspot option without the tmo plan so i think this will work the same way. atleast i hope it will work the same way:eek:

Upvote 0

I am going to get it BiGMERF. I will definitely miss my Nexus S but I think this will be a good replacement. I just want to be prepared for when the merger happens.

Upvote 0
Went to a tmobile store today and checked one out. I have been through a lot of phones. I am very picky. This phone rocks!! Very smooth, fast, incredible display. Definitely will be picking one up on the 20th. Go check one out. The problem with the upcoming sensation is the qhd screen. Pixels are very noticeable. Look at the atrix, same type screen. No reason to wait.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones