• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I go for one of the rumored phones...or wait?

Wiseguy158

Lurker
Feb 12, 2011
So, I've had a Sprint Hero for the past 2+ years. I've really enjoyed the phone, and although it's working fine, there's a lot of new technology that has been released since - and I'm ready for a new phone.

Should I bite the bullet and get one of the new phones that are rumored to be released in the next month or so, or should I wait for later in the year? Is there supposed to be significantly better stuff coming out in the second half of the year, or will the improvements be minimal?

From my reading, I am in the understanding that the following phones are becoming available for sprint in the near future:

• LG Optimus 3D
  • Samsung Galaxy S2
  • Possibly some HTC superphone/3d phone/EVO2
  • Possibly iPhone 4g or 5

Ideally, I would like to stick with Android (rather than iPhone) and stay with Sprint (even though there are some beasts coming out for other carriers). Also, it's not that my phone is busted - so if there really is something worth waiting for, I would be willing to do that too. Whatever I choose, I would have to stick w/ for 2 years (Im not a Sprint Premier Gold customer)

Anyway, whats your opinion? Would you wait, or would you get one of the new rumored phones?

tough call, I mean anything coming out is leagues ahead of your Hero. The summer should bring some very nice candidates. The key is being content for 2 years. I mean something bigger better flashier or faster is always coming such is nature. So this summer the craze is dual core phone and 4g/lte. That should be good enough for all but the elite power user for 2 years. Then again around years end we might get quad core phones [ridiculous] Next year we'll get 1280x720 screens. So at some point you just need to bit the bullet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones