Should I go sign up for the contract now?

Last Updated:

1. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My credit history is not good at all. I don't want to be let down on June 4th. I pre ordered from the Shack ....but no credit history check was run.

Will they allow me to fill out the paper work right now? ...I guess I can call....lol but what did you guys do? has anybody filled out the paper work yet?

Advertisement
  2. scott99

scott99 Active Member

You know what, many moons ago (1998), when I first signed up with Sprint, my credit was terrible. I had to pay $250 to get a contract, 6 months later they gave me the money back. Go ahead and do it now if you're nervous about it. Saves you trouble you may run into on 6/4.

3. evoman2be913

evoman2be913 Well-Known Member

Might as well do it now so worst case scenario you can have a backup plan. If you get turned down, thats what parents are for, and if all else fails you know grandmas will never turn us down lol

4. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

You can, just get whatever phone and come back when the Evo releases and swap it for that. It will fall in your 30 day grace period.

5. Genetiks

Genetiks Member

You don't have to set up the contract now. Just call them up and they will do they same credit check they do for you when you purchase the phone and if you're credit passes they will give you a number to give to the place so they don't have to run your credit again.

6. kmbutts

kmbutts Well-Known Member

I can verify that the above post is correct. I just went through this process last week.

I called Sprint Customer Service @ 1-888-211-4727 number and they did a credit check on me; keep in mind that I had to file chapter 7 due to a failed business and got my discharge letter in Sept 2009, so I was a little concerned to say the least!

To my suprise, the rep on the phone advised me that I could get up to 5 lines with no deposit or spending limits! They advised that I go into any Sprint/RS/BB store, and they could call Sprint to confirm.

I went to my local RS and true to their word, everything played out as I was told. I placed my preorder and painstakingly await June 4!

Give it a shot! The worst that could happen is that they say no, which could benefit you by giving you the opportunity to come up with a backup plan!;)