• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I just copy over my mp3's into the phone without using software ?

D

Deleted User

I connected my LGG2 phone to the PC and just copied over folders that contain mp3's in the phone music folder if I remember correctly and the music played fine. So am I suppose to use software of sorts though ? What method do most people use to get music on their phone ? that's assuming their like me and have mp3's on their PC and want to put them on their phone. thanks

honestly anymore I just use Google Play Music. They keep the files on their servers and I can access them through any device I have. I do however have a hard backup of my entire music collection on a hard drive. Google allows you to add up to 20000 songs and that does not include any purchased music from the play store.

Before google play music I would just drag and drop.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Copying files to the phone by hand is fine, except for two factors:

1) A huge file transfer via USB may fail - especially if you have the phone connected via a USB hub. It depends on the particular computer.

2) Some files are a file type that the phone has no way of playing. (The same holds true of pictures and videos.) You either convert them in the computer (to a file type the phone can handle) or you find an app for he phone that can handle the file type.

But I've been dragging files from my computer to my phone for years (and the other way sometimes) with no problems other than the two I mentioned. (My laptop can't handle huge bursts on USB, my desktop can, even with a hub.)

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones