• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I keep the DHD or return it?

Shorty_Gas

Oct 13, 2010
I have had the DHD for 4 days now, and i am still undecided as to weather i should keep it or not.

For me the bad points are
- Its weight, just seems too heavy for something which is on me constantly
- Battery life - Barely lasts a day with average use, 65% of which went on powering the huge screen
- Its size, is it just too big? Especialy as if i was too make use of it and watch a movie for example, i very much doubt the battery would last long enough for me to get to the end.

I realise these are a lot of personal preferences but was just looking for a bit of help deciding.

I am tempted to return the handset and downgrading to the Desire and saving myself

I have had the DHD for 4 days now, and i am still undecided as to weather i should keep it or not.

- Battery life - Barely lasts a day with average use, 65% of which went on powering the huge screen
- Its size, is it just too big? Especialy as if i was too make use of it and watch a movie for example, i very much doubt the battery would last long enough for me to get to the end.

I realise these are a lot of personal preferences but was just looking for a bit of help deciding.

I am tempted to return the handset and downgrading to the Desire and saving myself

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
Like Spencer said... its really down to you.

I think the iPhone and standard Desire screens are too small, especially for playing games and browsing the web.

I also don't understand why people want light phones... a nice metal case just says quality to me. I've had a go with the Samsung Galaxy S and the HD7 and they feel cheap and flimsy.

The short battery life does sound annoying, but I'm in a job where I can keep it plugged into a laptop so it won't matter during the week and I'll probably keep a spare battery on me for when I do need a bit more power.

Also I'm guessing most people are still playing with their phones a lot more than they normally would since its new... Although you did say you were already on "normal use".

Although thats just my opinion. I was even considering getting the Dell Streak as a normal phone so maybe my idea of a nice size screen is alot different to most peoples :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones