Should I keep the DHD or return it?General

Last Updated:

1. Shorty_Gas

Shorty_Gas Member This Topic's Starter

I have had the DHD for 4 days now, and i am still undecided as to weather i should keep it or not.

For me the bad points are
    - Its weight, just seems too heavy for something which is on me constantly
    - Battery life - Barely lasts a day with average use, 65% of which went on powering the huge screen
    - Its size, is it just too big? Especialy as if i was too make use of it and watch a movie for example, i very much doubt the battery would last long enough for me to get to the end.

I realise these are a lot of personal preferences but was just looking for a bit of help deciding.

I am tempted to return the handset and downgrading to the Desire and saving myself

Advertisement
  2. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

3. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member

4. AstralZero

AstralZero Well-Known Member

Like Spencer said... its really down to you.

I think the iPhone and standard Desire screens are too small, especially for playing games and browsing the web.

I also don't understand why people want light phones... a nice metal case just says quality to me. I've had a go with the Samsung Galaxy S and the HD7 and they feel cheap and flimsy.

The short battery life does sound annoying, but I'm in a job where I can keep it plugged into a laptop so it won't matter during the week and I'll probably keep a spare battery on me for when I do need a bit more power.

Also I'm guessing most people are still playing with their phones a lot more than they normally would since its new... Although you did say you were already on "normal use".

Although thats just my opinion. I was even considering getting the Dell Streak as a normal phone so maybe my idea of a nice size screen is alot different to most peoples :)

5. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

If you find the DHD too big then just go and exchange it for the Desire - it's still a brilliant handset! In terms of battery. I'm afraid you won't get much more life out of other smartphones.

SpencerUk likes this.