• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I or Should I NOT? Jelly Bean

Hi

The problem is that there are as many opinions as there are Galaxy Note owners as everyone's experience will be different, depending on their usage, their setup, number of apps etc. My own view is that it didn't seem to make much difference when I upgraded last week but I have suddenly hit a big battery problem. This may not even be connected to JB but it's always tempting to blame the upgrade. There are plenty of opthers for whom battery life has improved and have found that the upgrade to JB has bee very positive.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I would say "No"! My Note is now so slow and laggy that I am desperate to get ICS back. Im not sure what to do. Maybe they will release a "fixed" version soon? Ive not really had an issue with the battery but sometimes the phone now takes 2-3 seconds to respond to a key press or swipe. I am in the process of disabling as much as I can to get it useable again. Ironically this includes Google Now etc that are the reasons for upgrading to jellybean! :(
I avoided rooting and flashing etc for months and months to get the official version and now I think Im going to have to go down that route to get my ICS back?!

Upvote 0
I would say "No"! My Note is now so slow and laggy that I am desperate to get ICS back. Im not sure what to do. Maybe they will release a "fixed" version soon? Ive not really had an issue with the battery but sometimes the phone now takes 2-3 seconds to respond to a key press or swipe. I am in the process of disabling as much as I can to get it useable again. Ironically this includes Google Now etc that are the reasons for upgrading to jellybean! :(
I avoided rooting and flashing etc for months and months to get the official version and now I think Im going to have to go down that route to get my ICS back?!

Sounds like you just need a factory reset

Upvote 0
I find that after JB my Note will be slow for a few minutes after a power cycle, but after that it's fine. I haven't done any optimisations. I do have Google Now running but I haven't yet found it that useful. Yesterday I did manage to run my battery flat within 6 and a bit hours but that was using Google Maps, wifi, mobile data and GPS on and off in various different combinations for most of the times as I was blogging from a press conference and using my laptop tethered via my Note.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones