• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I press the panic button??

WizeGuyDezignz

Android Expert
Apr 18, 2010
San Diego
Guys and gals, I preordered my Incredible online on the evening of 4/20. Up to this point I'm still getting the same order status message as everyone else here. All seems normal and on par with everyone else here.

However, I've heard people saying that they show a $1.00 charge on their credit card account or whatever showing that they made the purchase and then that charge will turn full once the phone ships or however Verizon does it. My online Verizon account that this card is attached to isn't showing any trace of a charge from Verizon. Should I be concerned?

I purchased mine with my Wells Fargo Visa check debit/credit card. The Verizon site asked for that Visa Verify (or whatever it's called) password to verify my card. I honestly didn't remember that password, but I figured it would be the password that I use for almost everything. I entered that password and the page had a processing icon or whatever and I proceeded to complete my order. I know I've used that Visa Verify before, but I just didn't remember the password.

Based on that info, should my card have been verified on the spot if it allowed me to pass the Visa Verify and complete my order? Or does Verizon do that verification later? Should I be seeing a charge from Verizon in my online Wells Fargo account yet?

I just want to make sure something as small as not entering my Visa Verify password is going to make me miss out on this phone on release day. Any info would be helpful, thanks!

Nevermind guys, I figured it out. The program is called Verified by Visa. I was able to find information on the Wells Fargo website and they even have a sign in screen. I put in my information and the password that I used to order the Incredible and it logged into my Verified by Visa account. So I used the right password and should be good! Thanks!

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks guys. I for sure bought it from the Verizon site and it let me complete my order even after I put a password in with Visa Verify. So even though nothing is showing up in my Wells Fargo account, I should be ok? Thanks a lot!
I think even if you fail doing Verify with Visa, it'll eventually bypass that procedure because it's buggy on Verizon's website. It doesn't even load on my FF 3.5 for some reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones