should i purchase a Samsung Captivate now or wait?

Last Updated:

1. gaijinboricua

gaijinboricua New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 12, 2010

I came back to the U.S. in February and currently been without a smartphone since. Due to me moving a lot I have been looknig at phones that area GSM and compatible with 3G data internationally. As I have been reading the news in regards to the AT&T Samsung Captivate been unlocked by a market place app I was wondering if I should buy it or wait for another phone.
    I think the only bad thing I have found in the Captivate is the lack of flash. I will be buying it refurbished, so it will only be $99. I am planning on rooting and sim unlocking. Anyone has any news on the Droid 2 Global or any other international android phone that might be coming by black friday? Should I wait or should I just go ahead and get a phone?

2. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    the only phones that i've heard of coming "soon" to at&t are the dell flash and an acer phone. but the specs for those phones didn't look all that amazing. if you're planning on getting the captivate with a contract i would check these sites out:

Cell Phones for free with Cell Phone Plans from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless AT&T

i got mine from i had gotten it when it JUST came out and it was for free, but the price went up a few days later. but the price on the site now has been that for a few days i think. doubt it'll change.
  3. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    I thought captivated is able render flash since it is like the latest droid powered phone that came to ATT. YES I am correct captivate is capable of running flash all you have to do is update it to Droid 2.2 and you will be set plus u got the swype official version on there. Power of Droid :)