Should I re-root or wait?

Last Updated:

1. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my phone replaced today. The Verizon guy (as unreliable as they can be) said 2.1 will be out in about a week.

If I were to allow that to push to my phone, would rooting become harder? Or should I root now and block it from being pushed?

I'm definitely interested to see the improvements on 2.1, but also would like to be able to root again.

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Well, I'm sure they will root the official 2.1 but if not, you could always flash the SBF image...giving you 2.0.1 again...which obviously, you can root.

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/47349-now-you-can-live-without-fear-bricking.html

But this has been discussed before...I recommend reading through this post...lots of pros and cons to rooting before the official 2.1 update (okay, there are many pros and very few cons...but decide for yourself what is right for you).

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/53863-soooo-2-1-switch-anyone.html

3. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member

re-root and dont look back

4. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

The improvements in 2.1 are already here (and getting better each day). Go for it!

5. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

re-root. There are already 2.1 roms out there to upgrade to that are better than the official release.

6. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

+1