Should I root my phone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjhelpteam

jjhelpteam Well-Known Member

I'm not new to rooting but I just want to make sure that nothing all that serious will happen to my phone like a permanent brick would happen.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi jj. I haven't seen or heard of anything like that happen from rooting. That said, there is always a risk if someone doesn't follow directions. Samsung phones are relatively easy to recover from a soft brick using Odin to flash the stock firmware. Just remember, rooting will cause the designation of 'Official' System Status that shows in Odin mode and in the About Device section to show as Custom and that can void your warranty. Using Odin to go back to stock will usually fix that. As with anything, YMMV.
  3. jjhelpteam

jjhelpteam Well-Known Member

I have the basic warranty on my phone. Like the one that covers theft and lost. So I dont think i need to really worry about it. If anything serious happens ill just report it as lost. Anyways would you happen to know if I report my phone as lost if i can sell the one they send me and keep my phone and still be able to use it?
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I think that may be illegal in some way and may constitute insurance fraud.
    Mikestony and D-U-R-X like this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

As you are asking about criminal fraud, even if only hypothetically, we will be in violation of forum rules if we continue that line of discussion.
    ocnbrze, Mikestony and D-U-R-X like this.
  6. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

We cannot allow discussion of this nature @ Android Forums, so I'm gonna lock this thread now.

If anyone has a problem with the lock, PM me to discuss.

Thanks.
    ocnbrze, Hadron, Atma and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.