Should I root my x10?General

Last Updated:

1. jeh0753

jeh0753 Member

Hi: I just purchased an X10. I know that I can update my phone to 2.1 without rooting it, but once I have updated it, will I still have to deal with Sony's alterations to the OS? Am I better off rooting it as well?

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

3. jeh0753

jeh0753 Member

Ok, so are these sony alterations for the better or worse? Would I be better off removing these customizations, and is there a way to update to a 'purer' version of the Android 2.1 OS?
  4. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same blue theme throughout as 1.6. See the differences HERE.
    Each to their own on the look, and you can load the AOSP ROM, but they are still in better stage, which is why I'm waiting before installing one.
  5. jeh0753

jeh0753 Member

So, the only alterations sony made is to the look? There are no sony-specific widgets I'd be stuck with, or sony-specific menus?
  6. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

I am new to the X10 too, but the only "Bloatwear" I see seems to be from At&t, so I think it is more carrier specific than manufacturer.

I deleted it all from the home screens, I can't delete it from the device, but you don't see it so not sure it is a big deal.