Should I sell my iPod Touch?General

Last Updated:

1. fjgrf

fjgrf New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there. I'm a soon to be Android owner and will probably start using this forum often, but I currently have an iPod Touch. I'm upgrading from my Blackberry Storm (for obvious reasons) to the HTC Incredible.
    So I'm having a tough time deciding if I should sell my iPod Touch when I get the Incredible. Is the music player as user friendly and high quality as the iPod's? How is the browser speed over WiFi? Things like that.
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

In a word. NO. I have never been a pod person but the general concensus seems to be that ipod's will continue to be your main source of music listening. But I think that having last.fm pandora and slacker as well as 8 gigs of music on my phone trumps anything an ipod can do.. ;)

3. kevin217

kevin217 Well-Known Member

the ONLY thing the ipod touch will do better is play music.

4. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

I'll buy it off you, completely serious.

5. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

For how little you'd get for the iPod Touch, it never hurts to have it around as a backup music/video player. I use my iPod Touch at the gym all the time to watch TV shows when doing cardio since it's not uncommon for me to drop it in the process.

6. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

I still use my Zune for music. I try not to buy anything apple.

Zahav, MattyMo and EgoDogg like this.
  7. mdonova33

mdonova33 Well-Known Member

I have not used my ipod touch at all since I got my incredible, so I would keep it for a week after you get your phone to decide whether you use it enough to keep it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

8. TKB5

TKB5 Active Member

I haven't touched my ipod torch since I got my incredible

9. Ryd1ZZ

Ryd1ZZ Well-Known Member

I also have both devices. IMO the iTouch/iTunes is still a more polished combo. I will be keeping mine at least for use in my car.

You can try an app called double twist, along with their desktop application. It basically copies the iTouch/iTunes. It is nowhere near as polished but if they keep working on it, it could be great.

Like others have said, try the DINC out for a while before you get rid of the iPod.

10. Railz

Railz Well-Known Member

I had a generation 1 ipod touch that I used up until I got the dinc. Honestly, I wanted a clean slate for my music and between streaming from 3 radios and the ability to get audio from youtube, the dinc has proven itself a worthy media device. On top of that, tunewiki is awesome as a player. Searches the web for album art and lyrics

11. jakeh0

jakeh0 Well-Known Member

i have mine in the bathroom on a dock that i use for pandora and internet radio in the mornings, and have espn scorecenter notifications and also weather updates. i like it a lot still

12. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

My iPod touch has been sitting there since i got my DInc, poor little thing :(

13. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

I sold my ipod touch when i got incredible. the 32gb didn't fit all my music anyways... and I do have a 80gb classic I use when I need ALL my music... You will get a good amount right now too I got $230 for 32 GB 2nd gen.

14. MaukaRunner

MaukaRunner Well-Known Member

I still have mine. I listen to Jack FM on AOL radio on my Dock using the dock's sleep timer. I can duplicate it by using the 3.5 mm jack and three apps. It's a PITA.

I'm hoping there will be a micro usb or another standard so someone can make a dock for our phones.

I have a Kenwood DVD/GPS car deck. It will play the music off my phone since it sees it as a hard drive but cannot play my videos. Off my Touch I can play both.

Too me it doesn't really matters since I had a Centro before and it could play music and videos and I still had the two, a phone and ipod. The Incredible can play them better. I got mine the day before I had to travel for business. I had videos, music and games all loaded. Think my boss was miffed since all I did on the plane ride was play with my new toy.

Like someone else wrote, keep it for a little while and if you seem not to need it then sell it.

15. 34.50

34.50 Well-Known Member

I still have my Zune HD, but I find myself using the incredible for listening to music. Just wish the incredible got better battery life. The only reason I keep my Zune HD is for videos, and long car trips.

Sent from my HTC Incredible

16. jaybeth421

jaybeth421 Member

I sold mine and kind of regret. The dinc is great with all the music apps but the ipod touch just had a better music player. Plus sometimes I just want my music player and phone seperate. Also games on the ipod touch were soooo much better, if you care about that

17. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I stopped using my Ipod when I got my Eris, now with Incredible and Mixzing it's amazing.
    I woudl sell your ipod touch. I use my Incredible as my main music source even have it hooked via bluetooth to both my cars and my home stero it's AWESOME.

Especially when I have company over and I'm controlling the music with my phone, and I have it set to not use bluetooth for my phone calls so if someone calls it pauses the music and I answer the phone normally. Wish I could set it to still play the music while on my phone call

ohh another plus to the Incredible as a music player is being able to download Music for free at a push of a button I use Music Junk and it's absolutly amazing, my 8gig card that all my music on it died the day after I sold my laptop witch I had my DI backed up on, so I lost all my music but I have redownloaded over 350 songs purley thru musicjunk in the last 2weeks and have only gotten 1 bad download , fantastic

18. Anubis

Anubis Active Member

Never had or really wanted and iPhone but I couldn't give up my iPod. I like my Incredible but I like my iPod also. For me each serves their purpose.

19. Ruggar

Ruggar Well-Known Member

I travel a lot for business and used to bring my touch for in-flight entertainment (movies and music). I no longer do. I do use an external portable charger (energizer) for long trips. I have no problems watching movies or listening to music. Although admittedly I am not an audiophile and now that the XM app is out I tend to listen to that more than my MP3s. I even bought a few extra 8gb cards to load up movies on for the trips when I am gone for weeks at a time. So far it has served me good. I LOOOOOOVED my touch. But... I have no use for it. My kid uses it on long road trips these days.

20. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

I use my DInc as my mp3 player especially when I go grocery shopping to drown out the noise of shoppers. While some may view it not as high quality as an iPod or Zune, I think what really makes the difference is the quality of your headphones. Invest in a good pair, not just the $2.99 generic earbuds...headphones do make a difference. For me, the music from my DInc comes in crystal clear. And I enjoy having the music controls outside of the phone lock display and not having to carry around a second device.

21. sylent101

sylent101 Well-Known Member

My ipod touch was dead to me ever since I got my Droid back in November. Now that I have my incredible its definately six feet under..u won't find much use for it after about a week with an android device. The ui for the music app is better on the ipod but I got over it.

22. 5150Marley

5150Marley Well-Known Member

I like my ipod touch as a music player but I dont use the other options on it much since I got my incredible.

23. mched

mched Well-Known Member

Where did you get an XM app for the Incredible?

24. upther

upther Well-Known Member

You have to download it from their website since it isn't in the Market. It can be a bit of a battery hog but it works really well.

mched likes this.
  25. gmaellex01

gmaellex01 Well-Known Member

iTunes isn't that great. But, I still have an iPod classic, even though I have an Inc. I don't see any reason to sell it. Of course it isn't completely necessary but ... Oh, I just remembered why I have to keep my iPod: it hooks in directly to my car stereo so I can control it from the steering wheel. This is twice as nice now that I have the Inc because I can just leave it hooked up all the time.

Anyways, there's probably reasons to keep your iTouch. You can watch movies on it without worrying about your phone battery. You can let other people play with it. You might compare sound quality and see if you notice a difference...

Edit: I should add that I like to hoard my old laptops. They are neat.