Should I sell/trade my X10 for the N1?General

Last Updated:

1. solidkevin

solidkevin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really understand why people dont want to use a phone with no 3G, well it.....sucks lol, Now that there is an N1 that can use ATT 3G im Really tempted to get one, I love my X10 but its really just tough to be out somewhere and it takes ages to load a page on the web browser or load up a youtube Vid. I dunno....

Advertisement
  2. solidkevin

Also for the fact that the N1 will probably receive updates for a long time to come.

3. Mxtc

Mxtc Well-Known Member

Did you buy the Canadian version of the X10?

X10i = supports T-mobile USA's 3G UMTS network. I got it, fast 3G.

X10a = the version that should work on AT&T USA. (HSDPA 850 / 1900)

4. solidkevin

I have the x10i.

5. Mxtc

Mxtc Well-Known Member

yep, Kev. You got the wrong one for AT&T.

Get the (HSDPA 850 / 1900) version. I think the Roger's (Canadian) version works with that bandwidth.

6. solidkevin

Not sure what to do....If I sell the my X10 I can surely get about $600 and the nexus is only $570., while the Canadian X10 is about $640 plus $40 shipping....way too much.

7. solidkevin

I suppose I can wait a while until the Rogers version gets cheaper, sucks though...

8. Mxtc

Mxtc Well-Known Member

Its up to you. :) I've never even seen an N1 in person or another X10. I haven't seen anyone with it. From the pictures, the looks and shape of N1 isn't tight like X10. You won't have mediascape/timescape or the improved interface. 8mp camera or 4-inch screen. I wouldn't trade MY X10 for a N1 :D

If you do get N1, you'll have a 3.7 AMOLED screen (not much smaller at all, same as Droid), you'll always have the latest version of Android 2.1 (..2.2..soon..?). You'll have hella-lot more apps in the market. *Multi-touch.

9. visitador02

visitador02 Well-Known Member

Just keep checking Ebay if you want a X10a. There are some Canadians who offer prices in the $500s. Just have to catch them when they are posted.

I am sure you can still sell the X10i for a slight loss, or even use Craigslist.

10. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

I had the N1 and the Milestone and I settled on the X10a. There are always pros and cons with every phone but even with the 1.6 OS and lack of multitouch the X10 feels so much smoother than the N1. I didn't like how buggy the screen was and when you use a phone for work you appreciate having something that works exactly where you press the screen.

Also, while the OLED is nice on the N1 I wish they would have added a polarized layer so you can actually type on the phone outside. The Omnia HD which has an OLED screen is definitely easier to see outside than the N1.

The N1 also got really hot when surfing on 3G. Not sure why? The only way I could get it to stay cool was to down clock it to 800MHz. The X10 never gets hot for me when surfing or charging

11. solidkevin

Anyone have any Opinions on the Droid/Milestone? I can get the US 3G version for a very decent price.

12. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

I myself have friends that have the N1 and they prefer my X10 over it, the N1 has a few nice features but the X10 to me is a better phone plus on top of all that I am in Ontario so I am limited to what I can purchase. Sony is a well know company and they have a lot of great products, and we will be getting updated soon for the X10 and I am sure they will keep updating it, As well the X10 has a lot of better features like the 8MP Camera & 16x zoom VS the N1 and it's 5MP & 2x zoom , also you have a 4" screen VS 3.7", Most only come with a 4GB SD card where the X10 comes with 16GB, and also has 1GB internal memory & apps like TimeScape and MediaScape, Both phones have the same Processor. I think that any phone is going to have issues with it, where one phone has something great another lacks, and so on, I did a lot of searching before I bought it and to me the Sony was the better choice for me, I liked it's design and features. But again it is up to the person who is going to be purchasing it, If a newer phone comes out down the road that I like all I have to do is sell the X10 and buy it, I just bought a new LG Eve 3 months ago and then the X10 came out so I bought it, Now I have a New LG Eve sitting here. LOL.

FergiGirl likes this.
  13. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Well-Known Member

14. solidkevin

15. visitador02

visitador02 Well-Known Member

Nope. Rogers will not ship it to you. Not to say that @Randomizer forgot to tell you about the 13% tax (I am not sure if that is for the province) if you ask someone in Canada to buy it for you.

Your best bet is to find a Canadian Rogers dealer who is willing to sell it to you. Since they are selling directly to an international destination, they don't need to charge you a tax.

Again, your best bet is to check Ebay for someone who is selling directly. Some will offer them unlocked, while others will ask for a fee to unlock it. I found mine that way.

As for the Milestone, again, if you want to have to AT&T 3G, you'll have to get the one sold in Canada for Telus phone company. And again, check Ebay.

The Milestone is the same as the Droid sold by Verizon. So, you can go to a Verizon store and check it out. Some people prefer it just because of the physical keyboard. Last time I checked the prices for this phone, sellers were asking almost the same as the X10a.

16. Mxtc

Mxtc Well-Known Member

You could get Motorola Droid/miletone. The Telus version is supposed to work with AT&T 3g. Its my second favorite Android phone.. Not sure how you will receive updates. Also I am not sure if its as fast as x10. it seems fast to me. it has 2 processors, like 550 and 450 for graphics.

17. CyanBlue

CyanBlue Member

@solidkevin... FYI, Google has been giving away loads of Droids to the developers and some of them are on eBay typically ranging around USD $300... I've just sold one last week...

18. robwscott

robwscott Well-Known Member

I went from the milestone to the x10 trust me x10 is a much smoother phone even with the 2.1 update milestoje was still very buggy..... as someone who actually did make the jump from a milestone to an x10.... no regrets whatsoever....HOWEVER!!! my question is when we do finnally get our update... we r only getting the 2.1 eclair update not the 2.2 so does that mean no flash when adobe releases it for the android os???

19. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Well-Known Member

Are you still looking to get the X10?

20. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member

i got my x10a on ebay ended up paying 560 with shipping and unlocked from rogers