Should I send me phone away because random shutdowns?Support

Last Updated:

1. compscidev

compscidev Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I mean won't the new one just keep shutting down too!
    I just want to burn it

Advertisement
  2. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

What are you running on your phone? Firmware? Launcher?

3. compscidev

Well I was running launcher pro but I reset my phone to see if that would help but my phone still shut itself down overnight.
    stock 2.1-update1
    edit: it was plugged in all night and I unplugged it went to get a drink came up and it was shut off
    it might just be the 10% bug?

4. compscidev

wow i called to get a replacement and itturned it self off durning the call!
    amazon did a replacement one day airmail and i don't have to send mine in first

5. chandu1987

chandu1987 Active Member

I too ordered for a replacement phone and guess what? that 2nd phone also started giving me trouble from the 1st day....i dont know what to do now...

6. wkornf

wkornf Member

I also returned my phone for a replacement. The 2nd phone still continues to reset but not as frequently. Both my girlfriends and my original phone had the reset problem, her new one doesnt do it at all, of course mine does.

I have probably wiped my phone completely 10 times. Along with running it with zero market apps, none of which helped the reboots. Sometimes in the middle of the afternoon and also shortly after charging.

I also had an issue where the battery would drain crazy fast and none of the reboots/ factory resets would fix it. "Android OS" would go nuts and run all the time on a factory phone. I actually got this to stop after a couple weeks of aggravation. Pull the battery out and leave the phone alone for as long as you can bear, sounds weird but im sure it worked, my process list and battery usage is back to normal.

I think if i want to exchange my phone again ill have to use samsung warranty or something as i bought my phone off Wirefly.com and they only offer exchanges for the first 30 days.

7. compscidev

gosh i hope my new one doesn't flip out

8. chandu1987

chandu1987 Active Member

when I called those AT & T guys again ...they said they gonna send me a new battery .....I hope at least it will help and stop the random shutdowns

9. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

10. rudybow

rudybow Well-Known Member

I traded on in today because it was having problems running videos. Now this new one I got shuts don randomly. Man this sucks.