1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General should I stay or should I go?

1. mrdrh99

mrdrh99 Well-Known Member

My mother in law wants my bionic! Which will give me an upgrade.....question is do I pull the trigger on either the razr m or og razr? I'm still very tempted to wait for ics on the bionic but i'm tired of feeling shafted by VZW!

Advertisement
  2. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

go for the better specked device im sure all the ones you listed are prominent in the dev community and you'd be able to play with it.
  3. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

If you go, research it a but more...you'll be stuck for another 18 months..if you choose poorly you will have another bionic type moto phone.
  4. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

I personally would not be in any big hurry based on the devices you would upgrade to. Kind of a lateral move to razr or M more than a huge upgrade. If you can hold off on it and wait to see which devices are launching for the holidays, it might be worth it. There are like 5 versions of the Razr better than the original one now, i wouldnt get the first one.
  5. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

I have read on other sites that the RAZR M is a great phone if you DON'T plan on fooling around with it i.e. custom roms, etc.

At this point you can only flash recovery and root only if you have an unlocked phone or developer version.

It might be a while before you can root (for some of the past MOTO phones, there was a root exploit before the phone was released).

I thought about the RAZR M for a while and decided to hold off b/c I definitely do not want to end up with another "Bionic".

EDIT: If someone knows different let me know!
  6. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trade my bionic for any phone currently out there. I might consider making the switch when the next nexus phone comes out though. I'm hoping all of this talk about making bionic owners happy means JB upgrade instead of ics.
    johnlgalt likes this.
  7. mrdrh99

After all the BS the bionic owners have been through I think they deserve a jump straight to jb, however I couldn't take it any longer, I had a family member with an upgrade available and she wanted my bionic, so I got the RAZR m with no regrets!
  8. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member

Well, I believe we will get JB. With Motorola being owned by Google now they want to try to end some of the fragmentation of the Android phones. Now will it be a straight jump to JB, well, it's possible, I've thought about that myself, but I doubt it. Our ICS release seems somehow tied to the Razr's ICS bug fixes as neither has come out yet. Why their ICS bug fix and our ICS has been delayed, who knows.
  9. mrdrh99

FWIW. since I've switched to the M i've seen absolutely zero problems with ics, its buttery smooth. the M has 1.5 dualcore snapdragon and its blazing. if i'm not mistaken, ics will push the bionic up to 1.2 ghz which will put it on par with the razr and the maxx. so if they hurry up the bionic with ics will easily be just as good a phone as the razr.
    Other than the ics issues I absolutely love my bionic but when a free upgrade was dropped in my lap by my mother inlaw I couldn't pass it up, plus, I get my wife's upgrade in march and then mine in sept so i'm set for 3 new phones in a 12 month span!!
  10. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member

This may just happen. 247 was just leaked and apparently there is something in it that makes it easy to upgrade to JB. Whether this means they are toying with JB and going to take us straight there, or if 247 is final and JB is going to be done fairly soon, who knows, but I take it as a good sign we can expect JB.
  11. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

Never give a well functioning phone away! Get your upgrade anyways and keep your bionic as a back up. :)

Always stay one phone ahead. Have your old phone put away while you fornicate with your upgrade. Then when a third good working phome comes in through an upgrade pr cash purchase to fornicate with, sell one of the two older smartphones.
  12. mrdrh99

=Satires;5028785]Never give a welcg phone away! Get your upgrade anyways and keep your bionic as a back up. :)

Always stay one phone ahead. Have your old phone put away while you fornicate with your upgrade. Then when a third good working phome comes in through an upgrade pr cash purchase to fornicate with, sell one of the two older smartphones.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, i do have a Droid charge as backup if i needed, i would hate to go back to that but it's better than my wifes backup Droid pro!