Should I think about putting a fork in my Tab?

Last Updated:

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I've got a 7" Tab that I got when Woot had them many, many months ago. Lately, it's been having a hard time holding a charge and I fear the end is near for the battery. In just a couple of hours tonight of basically sitting there not being used it went from 100% to 80%. I'm wondering if this coupled with the fact that it's nearly a year old hardware means that I should be considering ditching it while it still works and getting another 7" inch tablet of some kind. Any thoughts or recommendations?

2. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I've been charging mine to 100% overnight on a nightly basis for over a year and haven't had much of a dropoff in battery capacity compared to day one.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I wonder if you've made a change in app/widget configuration, or installed something that's at the battery hog trough more than you're used to.

I had that happen twice, once with "HeyWire," a paid messaging app for wifi, and earlier on "WeatherBugElite," a huge resource draining app when configured to update at anything more often than 60 minute intervals.
  4. natewillsheets

natewillsheets Active Member

I had the same issue. After a month of fighting with Samsung, it was actually T-Mobile who replaced my tablet for me. :-/
  5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Turns out I had turned off airplane mode and the tablet kept trying to connect to 3G. Fixed my problem.

I'm still wondering if now is the time to trade in/trade up.