Should I trade Incredible for Droid X??

Last Updated:

1. d00gin

d00gin Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to the Android world... I have been a BB user for about 3 years and absolutely hated it. I finally got a chance to upgrade and w/o researching much I got the Droid Incredible.
    I'm super happy with it. Much, much, much faster than any BB I ever had. Much less screen freezing. More apps, etc. But I've been looking at videos comparing the Inc to the Droid X and most people online like the Droid X better. I'm still within the 30 days of buying the Incredible so I can trade it in. When I upgraded they offered me either phone.
    Just wondering, based on specifics, which should I go with. I like the size of the Droid X compared to the Inc, so besides that... :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. d00gin

Well, Thanks for all your help guys!!! You're awesome.... oh, no wait...

3. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

it all depends on if you want a bigger screen and are alright with the overall size of the phone. It is bigger and less pcoket friendly then the inc I had both and i would stick with the inc but thats just me. Both are nice phones and you cant go wrong with either its more which one you like more and want for 2 years.

4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

If the Inc isnt giving u any problems, keep it.

U say u like the size compared to the Inc., well there u go. Get the X. Once u decide on what size phone u want, then the decision becomes easier.

Check either forum section and u will find happy users for both phones. Both have their pros and cons. All phones do.

5. trab123

trab123 Member

I have the X and my GF got the incredible. I really like them both... Pros and cons of both as i see it are

Droid X has a better battery out of the box, also the extended battery for the X is awsome (not to bulky, can even use the stock cover if you wanted to keep the stock look), the one for the incredible is so big that for me, its not even an option. I mean it would make me imbarrised to pull it out and show someone...

Incredible seems to not be such a memory hog as my X, not sure why this is as both of ours are running pretty much the same apps. Might be the tweaking HTC did to the OS.

The Incredible has to be rooted to be able to use the LED's as a flashlight... WTF is up with that.

The incredible seems to have alot more cool effects, like the weather widget that puts the weather graphics over the screen when you first unlock it. Thats awsome as hell, but other then that it seems to be not as user friendly as the X's layout. Also the buttons on the incredible, i do not like then as much as the hard buttons on the X.

Droid X's screen is very nice, i really like that feature alot better. Gets ALOT of attention whenever i show it off. Also fits in my pocket just fine and is the same weight as the incredible if not lighter.

The X's camera, it is the same MP and whatnot but it seems to focus ALOT faster and be able to do so at closer distances then the incredible. Im not sure why this is but i first noticed this when me and my GF where trying to both scan labels. The X would do so ALOT faster and the incredible did not seem to be able to focus as close up as the X...

But mainly it is up to you, i like the better battery life and larger screen. Other like the sleaker smaller phone. Both can do pretty much the exact same things.

d00gin likes this.
  6. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member

Seems like you already answered your own question if you like the X's screen size. (and who doesn't) The X has at least all the other features, including 8mp camera, dual led flash, 1ghz processor, etc. To me, the extra screen size is worth a return if possible. Win,Win.

7. trab123

trab123 Member

Me and the gf had a long car ride today, so i did some more testing. Although above i mentioned the incred seemed to be just a tad smoother in the menu's and whatnot, i did a benchmark for 2d and 3d gaming. The X nearly doubled the scores of the incred. So i guess if you want to do some gaming the X is the way to go there to.

8. d00gin

Thanks to everyone for the responce, this is exactly what i was looking for. Someone who was familair with both, and could give me pros and cons of both. Thank you so much. I think I'm going to go with the X. I love HTC & how smooth the HTC sence ui runs. I also love how flashy it is, but i feel like, in the long run the X is going to be better.
    Thanks for all of your input!!!