• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I trade Incredible for Droid X??

I'm new to the Android world... I have been a BB user for about 3 years and absolutely hated it. I finally got a chance to upgrade and w/o researching much I got the Droid Incredible.
I'm super happy with it. Much, much, much faster than any BB I ever had. Much less screen freezing. More apps, etc. But I've been looking at videos comparing the Inc to the Droid X and most people online like the Droid X better. I'm still within the 30 days of buying the Incredible so I can trade it in. When I upgraded they offered me either phone.
Just wondering, based on specifics, which should I go with. I like the size of the Droid X compared to the Inc, so besides that... :thinking:

Thanks in advance!

Just to let you know, this is the Classifieds section, meaning you post in here if you have something to sell or trade. If you have questions about the Droid X, you should ask in that subforum. That being said, if you are super happy with your phone why trade it in when you're unsure? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Upvote 0
Here's my experience with the phones.

I bought a droid incredible during June. Couple of days later, Droid X was announced. I liked the idea of the bigger screen, and later finding out about the better benchmarks and everything, so I hyped myself for it.

I was within my 30 days, but a couple of screw ups here and there, I couldn't get my Droid X exchange. I absolutely stressed over trying to get over this phone.

I gave in and bought the phone secondhand from someone here and am trying to sell my Incredible somewhere where I don't have to take such a beating on the price difference.

Anyway, worth the effort? Not exactly.

From the initial, you can tell the difference between HTC Sense and the motoblur crud on the Droid X. Sense is just so much more smoother and better than motoblur. Motoblur is choppy and slow.

I have remedied most of the options to my liking with Launcherpro, but it's still not HTC Sense.

Furthermore, I feel like i'm having more problems with slow UI on the Droid X. It's supposed to be faster, but I'm getting more crashes or freezes that take long to recover from.

The Dinc's UI is quite nice, so I'd say an outsider looking at both phones would say, wow that Droid X is big, but the Dinc is just more aesthetically pleasing with HTC Sense, it's optical trackpad, and it's soft-touch keys. I have no concern with LCD vs AMOLED, but the Dinc's colors do look more vibrant (and i'm colorblind) and brighter.

However, aside from that, I think the Droid X is more feature packed. It's got some decently better hardware aside from the AMOLED and the software is pretty useful too, like panorama helper for camera.

Though the Droid X has already frozen on me twice. Simply embarrassing, especially when your phone is looking at the phone and deciding between this phone or the iPhone 4, then because of the freeze, went with iPhone 4.

Hope this helps. This shouldn't be in this section anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones