Should I try to replace my Aria?

Last Updated:

1. Gforce083

Gforce083 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I've it less than a week. Well when I first got home with it I noticed a dust spec under the screen, right in the middle. I was trying to look past it as you really can't see it unless the screen is white but it's bugging me.
    That and the landscape keyboard force closes.... maybe I'm being a diva, haha. What would you do?

Advertisement
  2. Gforce083

I guess I'm not thrilled about setting up a new phone...but let me hear what you think.

3. PC_3

PC_3 Member

From what I read I dont think there is a way to fix the keyboard force closed problem. And the spec might not come off. I would just try to get an exchange for another phone (same phone) and see if you then like it with the stuff properly working. But I personally love the phone I just have 3 days with it and there are stuff I wish it would do but overall its a good phone

4. Gforce083

Yeah I like the phone a lot. I'd just trade it for a new one but I don't really want to set up a phone from scratch again. Anyone know how my downloaded apps would transfer? And would I need to reset the phone before taking it back for privacy protection?

5. Droidized

Droidized Well-Known Member

I'm speculating since I haven't had to switch android phones yet, but from my understanding, Market apps are tied to your GMail / Phone login. I don't know if you need to "uninstall" from the Market first when switching phones; but you should be able to re-install from it because it keeps a history of the apps you have installed & purchased.

6. Mythic

Mythic Well-Known Member

i know when i had to hard reset my aria , i logged into my gmail and went to market...selected menu and then downloads.... there it listed all of the apps that i had downloaded before and i was easily able to re download all of my apps...of course this does not work for any apps that have been side loaded

7. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

8. markj

markj Active Member

I've been considering replacing my phone as well. The upper left corner of the screen creaks rather annoyingly, and there's a permanent red pixel near the lower right corner that doesn't go away no matter what.

But I can live with it, for now. After all, there is a one-year warranty on these, right? Unless the phone starts to come apart or something, I don't really mind. I'm stupid impatient, I can't stand even the thought of sending the phone and waiting for it to come back haha.

9. Gforce083

I got mine replaced. Gave them new old one they handed me a new one.