Should I update my new nexus 7 2013?Support

1. wadmancpu

wadmancpu Member

I just bought a Nexus 7 2013 and actually haven't even turned it on yet. Still charging. After reading about all the problems that seem to be plaguing the kitkat release I wanted to know what the best course of action would be for me. Stick with jellybean for the time being or update? I also don't want it to come through automatic updates if I should hold off on the upgrade. What should I do??? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forums. Can I ask what problems u hear about the kitkat. And the only way to keep from updating would be rooting and run a custom rom
    I have the kitkat on 2devices and don't have many problems with it that's why I asked what u hear about the kitkat
  3. wadmancpu

wadmancpu Member

Hello! I've heard different issues regarding battery life and extended charging time, camera issues, home button issues, ect. I just don't want my device screwed up as soon as i get it out of the box. There were other issues too i just can't remember them all off the top of my head.
  4. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

I have kit Kat which my device updated to first time i turned it on a month ago when I first got it, and have had no problems at all. I don't think there is anything wrong with kk personally. It's great!
  5. wadmancpu

wadmancpu Member

Glad to hear it. I guess i'll see what happens.Thanks!
  6. PowrDroid

PowrDroid Well-Known Member

I updated to Kit Kat right out of the box when I first got my N7. Works great.
  7. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes kk is the best fast and reliable not like the 2.3 and others we had I love the kitkat and the ui on this thing rock . I have been playing with it screwed up the font size was so small that I had to tap it and a pop up showed me what I couldn't see and allowed me to make the selection . battery is great and guess what 3 hours my device went from 25% to full with the power off so that means fast charging is this the best or what .
  8. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

Not sure whats your concern. Your device is empty, you have no data or any setting to lose. You can go back to Jelly beans if you don't like it.
  9. wadmancpu

wadmancpu Member

Thanks for all the posts. Just trying to avoid any potential issues. Looks like the problems I've read about must be isolated cases. Just waiting for my Snugg case now. Got a case at Best Buy but I really don't like it so it's going back tomorrow. Love the Snugg cases though.
  10. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

Think of it this way, there are million of devices out there, and most people do not post on forums until there are issues. You have to understand that this percentage of users is very insignificant.
  11. wadmancpu

wadmancpu Member

I understand exactly what you mean. I really didn't get my info on the kitkat problems from forums though. A quick google revealed multiple articles on kitkat issues and they were all pretty similar. They seemed to be mostly concerned with 4.4 and indicated that 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 had fixed some of the issues. That being said, I've been using kitkat for a couple days now with no problems at all. I love it.
  12. bluesuga

bluesuga Well-Known Member

wish I hadn't upgraded to kitkat... now embedded flash videos don't play.
  13. bluesuga

bluesuga Well-Known Member

just read a post on this forum to use FlashFox - Flash Browser to watch embedded flash videos and I gave it a try and it works!!
  14. wadmancpu

wadmancpu Member

I have the same problem with flash... I'll give FlashFox a try.