Should I update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DevilMaster7, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Ok I returned my Droid X for another one cuz mine kept on freezing and restarting itself so then when I got a new one I found out that I'm not updated to 2.2 yet so what do you guys think should I keep 2.1 and update after they fix the current one or update now to 2.2 or go Root and get 2.2 that way so I can keep my root. Also to let u guys now I actually like the 2.1 keyboard more than then the 2.2 version the .com button is a lot more convenient to me and I'm if someone can find me another good virtual keyboard through an app that is free and is just as good as the 2.1 with the .com button please reply to this thread.

Advertisement

2. SoSickSilvia

SoSickSilvia Active Member

Sep 26, 2010
    im interested in knowing the answer to this as well. my girl just got her droid x in the mail today and i saw that its on 2.1.

3. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Orange County
    Are you kidding me? 2.2 is amazing. No reason NOT to upgrade.

4. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    New Braunfels, TX
    I would install the update before doing anything else, then once the update is installed do a factory reset. Can't get any better or fresher than that!

5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    1) I had one isolated problem after the update. Caused a battery pull and that fixed it.

2)2.2 is nothing all that fantastic. Some nice things but, as far as functionality goes, it's no big deal.

3)Make sure you have the screen lock the way you like it before updating. You can't change the stock lock afterwards. You can download apps to change it however.

6. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Software Professional
    SF Bay Area
    Personally, this is EXACTLY what I would do. And you can root the 2.2 OTA if you really want to do that (although I would not).