Should I update

Last Updated:

1. DevilMaster7

DevilMaster7 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I returned my Droid X for another one cuz mine kept on freezing and restarting itself so then when I got a new one I found out that I'm not updated to 2.2 yet so what do you guys think should I keep 2.1 and update after they fix the current one or update now to 2.2 or go Root and get 2.2 that way so I can keep my root. Also to let u guys now I actually like the 2.1 keyboard more than then the 2.2 version the .com button is a lot more convenient to me and I'm if someone can find me another good virtual keyboard through an app that is free and is just as good as the 2.1 with the .com button please reply to this thread.

Advertisement
  2. SoSickSilvia

SoSickSilvia Active Member

im interested in knowing the answer to this as well. my girl just got her droid x in the mail today and i saw that its on 2.1.

3. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? 2.2 is amazing. No reason NOT to upgrade.

4. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

I would install the update before doing anything else, then once the update is installed do a factory reset. Can't get any better or fresher than that!

5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

1) I had one isolated problem after the update. Caused a battery pull and that fixed it.

2)2.2 is nothing all that fantastic. Some nice things but, as far as functionality goes, it's no big deal.

3)Make sure you have the screen lock the way you like it before updating. You can't change the stock lock afterwards. You can download apps to change it however.

6. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Personally, this is EXACTLY what I would do. And you can root the 2.2 OTA if you really want to do that (although I would not).