Should I upgrade to HTC Nexus One?General

1. opencd

opencd New Member

Hi everyone,

I got an unlocked Wildfire S with no contact last week. After one day's struggle I got a customize ROM on and everything seems to be fine - I don't play games. Basic user here.

However, I found some ebay sellers are selling HTC Nexus One for only 20 dollars more (if I don't pay duties and tax). I read a lot good things about this model online. It is one year older than Wildfire S but the CPU and screen are better. Does any of you have experience with both the Nexus One and Wildfire S? For a little more money at the current price, there seems be a lot of improvement in the screen and webbrowsing speed? Are there known problems with the discontinued Nexus One model? Should I return the Wildfire S? I couldn't find user reviews on Nexus One on this forum.

Thank you for your advice.

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

The Nexus One may be a bit dated, but it's certainly an upgrade (a little modest) to the Wildfire S. If you're into rooting and ROMing, it'll be a great change. If you can't find too much info on our site, give XDA a shot:
    Nexus One Android Development - xda-developers
    opencd likes this.
  3. opencd

opencd New Member

I am using Wildchild 3.3 on WF S now. It runs pretty smoothly. Maybe I should stay with WF S to save a modest upgrade. Getting a new device, reading all the tutorials, and installing ROM can be painful. This is my first android phone. It took me more than an entire day to make it work because the tutorials do not fit all machines from different dealers.