Should I Wait For 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. beastboii645

beastboii645 Member This Topic's Starter

i have a moto droid and i heard that the 2.2 update should be finishing by the 18th(today) im wondering if i should manually install it or just try to keep waiting and if i manually update it will i get the second update(FRG22)??

Advertisement
  2. kevpan815

kevpan815 Well-Known Member

Just FYI!

3. beastboii645

oh ok, do you know what it might be??

4. kevpan815

I regret the fact that I rooted my phone just in order 2 get FRG22, now my phone is some what messed up and my warrenty is Voided!

5. beastboii645

oh wow, so do you think i should do the manual update or just wait for the ota??

6. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member

Just wait, like I am....Its no big deal:rolleyes:

7. beastboii645

ok thanks i'll try to keep waiting

8. kevpan815

The main problem that I am having right now is that my 3G indicator sometimes changes to 1x! I am also occasionally having some audio problems with the sound quality of my phone calls, however, just fyi! These problems have continued even though I reverted back to ESE81 and then got OTA 1 of 2 (FRG01B, which is what I am currently running)!

9. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member

Wait....Your not the only one. As we say during the holiday season....Santa will come soon enough!

10. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

I really dislike 2.2 after having it for 2 days now. I've noticed the UI is prettier and smoother (big whoop), but that came with the following tradeoffs:

- Had to download and configure an SMS app since the default layout is now hideous and overly cluttered.
    - Had to make room for another widget on my main homescreen to toggle vibrate / silent modes (Silent Toggle Widget is great for this, just FYI).
    - Browser keeps reloading current page whenever I switch to another app even for just a second.
    - .com key is gone from URL entry keyboard
    - Annoying TAB key cuts the spacebar in half when you're typing in any text box that has more text boxes after it.

Plus a few other little things I'm forgetting. I also haven't noticed any increase in the speed of the browser (wasn't that supposed to be one of the main benefits?). I don't understand why they would mess with things that were fine in 2.1... they turned a bunch of "features" into "annoyances".

Edit: The ONE fix I was hoping for didn't even happen. 2.1 caused my auto-correcst to capitalize lots of common words (What and You, for example), and it still does that.

Edit 2: If you hit the search button in Contacts, the keyboard doesn't come up until you tap in the box even though the cursor is already there. Wtf mate... not sure how they could accidentally screw that one up lol