Should i wait for kitkat 4.4.2 ota or just download it now from kies?General

1. Droid4g27

Droid4g27 Well-Known Member

I found a video of how to download kitkat 4.4.2 for my note 3 is this the correct way? Will the kitkat 4.4.2 be available over the air or we have to download it from kies?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PurJfuEsA0s

Advertisement
  2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Eventually I believe it'll be available OTA. I've never done an update via Kies.
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

If the T-Mobile specific update is available using KIES please let us know. If it is not an update for the SM-900T don't install it, it will mess up your device. That SM-9005 KitKat update is not for T-Mobile devices it's for the International Note 3's.
    khuram likes this.
  4. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Anyone updated this by Kies yet? I might try later. Can't download at work :(
  5. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

If you connect your Note 3 to Kies 3.0 via a PC it will tell you if the update is available yet.

While you can update to 4.4.2 (Kit Kat) by downloading the firmware for your specific device (your in the UK, it should be a Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005) and install it you would need another PC program called Odin to flash it. If you follow the guides (I need to write one with the advent of Kit Kat) to using Odin you will get the update. However as I type Kit Kat is only available in Poland. Flashing this firmware will work but what is known as the CSC code will be changed to a Polish one. You will not get an update via Kies or OTA again unless you flash the O2 British version when it comes out, again via Odin.

CSC codes tell Kies (and the servers) which phone you have and what country the phone is from. So just say you update to Kit Kat by flashing with Odin and it is the Polish version, and a newer version of Kit Kat comes out for the UK. Kies and OTA will check with a British server with your phone's altered CSC, not find a match and report back that an update is not available.
  6. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

It's not been released for the UK yet for the unlocked version, not been enough feedback yet for others to decide.
  7. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

I'd wait for OTA and full support.
  8. jamsterdm

jamsterdm Well-Known Member

God I wish it'd hurry up for the UK. Knowing it out I've been checking sw update every few hours. I know it's only really minimal but I want it.
  9. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

I used to be like that, but better waiting a couple of weeks. Let others report bugs and issues and see if there are any work arounds.
  10. pbrstanwood

pbrstanwood Well-Known Member

I did for the s2 but not the note