Should I wait for the next "google phone"?

Last Updated:

1. marco712

marco712 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got a HTC Hero back in January, it's a great phone, fun to flash new hacks on it but I'm finding myself wanting more speed/power.

I want to buy a new android but I want the Dev community support that the Hero has, will the Galaxy S Vibrant (bell/canada) or Galaxy S Captivate (Rogers/Canada) have the same support? I know the Vibrant can be rooted so I've just been sitting back watching to see if dev's will make new hacks. Any other devices you could recommend?

OR

should i just wait till next year and hopefully google will release a new google phone suited for the upcoming 3.0 software?

Advertisement
  2. groan

groan Well-Known Member

Didn't google announce they are out of the Phone making business?

I don't know about the hacks coming but I would bet that the Galaxy will be well attended to. It's a great handset and is growing greatly in popularity even with it's own popular community forum.

3. marco712

ohhh crap, I just did some reading and it looks that way.... however, does anyone believe that google will still have a designated Developer phone? maybe I should wait for that,,,.. aiye...

4. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

check out the G2... allegedly will be vanilla android on t-mobile.

I think that's as close as you're going to get to another google phone since they won't be making another one... missed your shot at the N1 :( i wish more people had bought them.

5. marco712

i didn't buy it because of the camera quality, my 3 year old nokia n95 had better IQ so I decided to hold off for awhile.