Should I wait?

Last Updated:

1. waxwolf

waxwolf New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I'm new here. Right now I'm still carrying around a Blackberry Pearl (because I have a huge discount that will mostly disappear if/when I upgrade), but I really want to get an Android phone.

As awesome as the Evo looks, the fact of the matter is it won't fit in my girl pants pockets. The Hero will, but I keep hearing that it's sluggish, and the latest news that it won't be updated with Froyo is upsetting. As for the recently announced Epic, I find sliders unaesthetic, and also less likely to fit in the girl pants pockets. Also, I think I'd rather have an HTC.

So the question is: should I wait around and see if Sprint announces another Hero-like phone with better specs. Alternative: get the Hero/save myself $100 and the 4G fee.

Side question: Has anyone bought a phone online and had their plan discounts removed? I know I'm going to get at least one of mine removed, as Sprint no longer does multiple plan discounts, but if they're taking away both online, I'll suck it up and get the phone in person (losing the $70 online discount) so I can haggle my way into keeping at least one.

Thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. g916

g916 Well-Known Member

Well the evo is pretty legit, im a girl too and i was thinking the same thing when considering the phone but what i do is just put it in my butt pocket or put it in my purse or hold it in my hand. and someee pants the phone does fit in the pocket but its kinda annoying to get out i had the same issues with the iphone

waxwolf likes this.
  3. WSFrazier

WSFrazier Active Member

Only other Sprint phone coming out with 4G that could rival Evo is the Samsung Epic. Even that has a 4" display with a slider, so it will probably be a little bit thicker.

Unless you want to wait for a long time, just get the Evo.

waxwolf likes this.
  4. waxwolf

Thanks guys, but I think I'm just going to get the Hero. I know the Evo is miles ahead, but I'm just so used to carrying my phone in my front pocket - it's easier access, I don't have to put it somewhere every time I sit, it's harder to steal, and I feel awkward having a headphone cord sticking out of my butt pocket. Also, honestly, with my pants, I'm not even 100% sure it would fit in those pockets, and I don't really want to buy a whole new wardrobe for a phone. If this leaves me in the stone age, so be it. It's not like I'm not used to it with my Blackberry Pearl :eek:

5. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

i think youll be plenty happy with the hero. I know i am

6. slschmidt76

slschmidt76 Well-Known Member

I'm a girl to and the EVO fits nicely in the pocket of all my pants. Even my shortest shorts with no problem.

7. waxwolf

i think part of my problem is that i'm a size 0. that and i shop at american eagle haha. i have borrowed someone's phone to see if it fit, and although it barely squeezed in, it took enough effort getting the phone in and out that i was afraid for its safety, plus the corner was still sticking out. maybe it's time to go to a different store for pants.

8. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Good luck with your decision. Buying a Hero will feel pretty awful though in a few months as it's age really starts to show. My wife has an Evo. She was concerned about the size. After over a month with it now though, she can't imagine going back to anything smaller.

If you put a full coverage clear skin on Evo, it fits even the smallest pockets pretty easily.

9. aceofspades626

aceofspades626 Well-Known Member

I still dig my Hero.
    But buying one (with contract extension) now would be a bad idea.
    It's already not being supported any further. Android 2.2 will never be officially supported on it.
    If you just really aren't feeling the Evo or Epic, you're looking at waiting till Sept before you'll even start hearing about what's coming up.
    If you're desperate to ditch the Pearl, I'd pick up a used Hero off the books (ebay or otherwise) from someone that went to the Evo.