• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I watch the Super Bowl?

psionandy

Extreme Android User
Dec 5, 2009
liverpool
www.androidforums.com
Here's the thing... Last night I set the tivo to record the game (more out of curiosity than anything else). There's not a lot of interest over here, so it's been incredibly easy to watch the news and read the papers and still have no idea what the final score was.

I like sports such as football ⚽ , rugby (league and union) and have even played a bit of proper hockey in my time)

So should I watch the game?

I have no interest in the adverts.. Or the half time show... Or any of the stuff around it.

Im not watching it with a group of people

I'm not interested in it as a cultural spectacle or historic event.

Human interest and story's about players mean nothing to me.

What I want to know is... In terms of just watching the match... Was it a good game to watch? And as a show piece for American Football was it a good demonstration of the sport?

Reactions: Jaclyn Marie Netzel
In terms of just watching the match... Was it a good game to watch?

Super Bowls in general aren't the best games of the season. The best games, IMHO are usually the first or second rounds of the playoffs. By that time the bad teams have been weeded out and the competing teams are all still playing their "A" game.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
My only contribution to a superbowl discussion comes from XKCD
super_bowl_context.png

(is it bad that I sympathise with the guy without the hat?)

Upvote 0
It's similar to all hyped up finals, with two massively talented contenders. They often don't measure up to the expectation. Like at Wimbledon, you often get absolutely cracking matches in the early rounds, with lesser players doing well against the top seeds. But when it gets to the final, featuring a match between the top seeds, often the match is a disappointment.

Reactions: rootabaga
Upvote 0
Here's the thing... Last night I set the tivo to record the game (more out of curiosity than anything else). There's not a lot of interest over here, so it's been incredibly easy to watch the news and read the papers and still have no idea what the final score was.

I like sports such as football ⚽ , rugby (league and union) and have even played a bit of proper hockey in my time)

So should I watch the game?

I have no interest in the adverts.. Or the half time show... Or any of the stuff around it.

Im not watching it with a group of people

I'm not interested in it as a cultural spectacle or historic event.

Human interest and story's about players mean nothing to me.

What I want to know is... In terms of just watching the match... Was it a good game to watch? And as a show piece for American Football was it a good demonstration of the sport?

Naw, you should of watched 12 hours of Supernatural, like I did...since the Packers weren't in it!!! LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones