Should I worry? Light leakage and screen seperation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Bought my phone on launch day, hardware revision 002.

Zero issues with the phone. I would say I couldnt be happier but today I noticed a spot of light leakage about a half inch long on the right side of the screen by the volume button and then almost two and a half inches on the left side of the screen.

I don't know when exactly it started, I have a rubber silicone sleeve protector on my phone but I do take it off daily to swap batteries. I just happened to notice the light leakage because it watch pitch black when I had it off.

Should I be concerned? What options do I have.

The leakage doesnt bother me as much as the possibility of dust getting under the screen. With the rubber protector on there I can't even see the light leakage so it doesnt bother me when watching movies or anything. Might if I had no phone cover but I do so thats a non issue. My only issues as mentioned is possible dust and touch screen issues.

So far I've had no grounding issues and my screen is 100% responsive.

Should I just ignore it or contact Sprint or HTC?

Actually I'm going to fire an email off to Dan @ Sprint and HTC to just let them know it's bullshit the quality issues with this phone but other then that should I be contacting them to get it fixed?

Advertisement
  2. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about he light leakage its more a cosmetic flaw then anything. Your choice if you can live with that. Lots of folks have the light leakage even the all mighty Aldo. I have no dust and no problems since day one revision 2. If it bothers you take it in.

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Aldo pretty much summed it up. if anything is bothering you then by all means take into the store and let them know about it.

we have had similar discussions on this before, i suggest you search using "build quality" as search queries to get an idea of what others had to say about the physical nature of the handset.

EarlyMon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.