• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I worry? Light leakage and screen seperation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadblock

Jun 1, 2010
Earth
Bought my phone on launch day, hardware revision 002.

Zero issues with the phone. I would say I couldnt be happier but today I noticed a spot of light leakage about a half inch long on the right side of the screen by the volume button and then almost two and a half inches on the left side of the screen.

I don't know when exactly it started, I have a rubber silicone sleeve protector on my phone but I do take it off daily to swap batteries. I just happened to notice the light leakage because it watch pitch black when I had it off.

Should I be concerned? What options do I have.

The leakage doesnt bother me as much as the possibility of dust getting under the screen. With the rubber protector on there I can't even see the light leakage so it doesnt bother me when watching movies or anything. Might if I had no phone cover but I do so thats a non issue. My only issues as mentioned is possible dust and touch screen issues.

So far I've had no grounding issues and my screen is 100% responsive.

Should I just ignore it or contact Sprint or HTC?

Actually I'm going to fire an email off to Dan @ Sprint and HTC to just let them know it's bullshit the quality issues with this phone but other then that should I be contacting them to get it fixed?

Bought my phone on launch day, hardware revision 002.

Zero issues with the phone. I would say I couldnt be happier but today I noticed a spot of light leakage about a half inch long on the right side of the screen by the volume button and then almost two and a half inches on the left side of the screen.

I don't know when exactly it started, I have a rubber silicone sleeve protector on my phone but I do take it off daily to swap batteries. I just happened to notice the light leakage because it watch pitch black when I had it off.

Should I be concerned? What options do I have.

The leakage doesnt bother me as much as the possibility of dust getting under the screen. With the rubber protector on there I can't even see the light leakage so it doesnt bother me when watching movies or anything. Might if I had no phone cover but I do so thats a non issue. My only issues as mentioned is possible dust and touch screen issues.

So far I've had no grounding issues and my screen is 100% responsive.

Should I just ignore it or contact Sprint or HTC?

Actually I'm going to fire an email off to Dan @ Sprint and HTC to just let them know it's bullshit the quality issues with this phone but other then that should I be contacting them to get it fixed?

Don't worry about he light leakage its more a cosmetic flaw then anything. Your choice if you can live with that. Lots of folks have the light leakage even the all mighty Aldo. I have no dust and no problems since day one revision 2. If it bothers you take it in.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones